Author Topic: Finding an elusive ancestor - MAYCOCK  (Read 7702 times)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Finding an elusive ancestor - MAYCOCK
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 09 April 08 00:40 BST (UK) »
There is a Canada Census for 1911, on which the boys Arthur & Samuel might be found , but they just missed the one in 1901 as it began the end of March and they arrived the beginning of June...( although some of the older ones took months to enumerate, I think the more recent ones had deadlines...)
There is a 1906 but for the Prairie Provinces only...
:D J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 09 April 08 06:06 BST (UK) »
Anyone see a little stray George Maycock as well on on the U.K. 1901?
The home child Arthur (  :'( died ww1) said he had a brother George serving in India
am looking at this one born 1897 just before the death of William Thomas...
Birth June Q. 1897  George Albert E Maycock  Warwick  v. 6d  p. 641
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 09 April 08 07:33 BST (UK) »
Sorry JJ but he's with mum and dad  ::) Charles and Lucy and brother Arthur age 6.

RG13/2934 folio 51 page 5 in Whitnash Warks.

So he's not a stray  ;D

Carol

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 09 April 08 15:31 BST (UK) »
No need to be sorry...I don't have access to the U.K. census...I'll just cross him out...but now that we have found that these boys were the ones from Coventry...the extra brother is a new mystery...
The mother might also have remarried quickly enough to have had a half brother before the census...and why did he not name Samuel as his brother...did he die young, or leave the country...Perhaps he was fully
adopted and had a name change...which might also explain the Charles...

If this turns out to be Barbara's family, then ordering the full papers from the ww1  files would be a good idea...there is usually more information in there...
Plus a letter to middlemore homes to see if they have more information on them...

Is anyone able to look at the ancestry middlemore file on the boys. It contains the information of his death in WW1 so seems they were keeping track to that date, unless it is another researcher's info....but either way needs a looksee....

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 11 December 09 03:44 GMT (UK) »
Me again. Try

www.freebmd.org.uk/

That url came from google.
charlotte

The Free BMD is the same one at Ancestry. Ancestry helped fund the Free BMD in order to use the index.
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 11 December 09 04:37 GMT (UK) »
How did you come across this thread? i just finished putting a link to another thread regarding this BHC topic...
Sam apparently died in 1903, so that is why we couldn't find him on the 1911 census...
I'll link to this thread as well...
I usually also try to link to all threads with the BHC resource thread, but it's too hard to try and search all of them out...( I give up, in other words)
  :) J.J.

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 11 December 09 06:01 GMT (UK) »
How did you come across this thread? i just finished putting a link to another thread regarding this BHC topic...
Sam apparently died in 1903, so that is why we couldn't find him on the 1911 census...
I'll link to this thread as well...
I usually also try to link to all threads with the BHC resource thread, but it's too hard to try and search all of them out...( I give up, in other words)
  :) J.J.

I found this thread though a link that you posted in reply #5 of the other thread. I didn't realize how old either thread was at the time that I posted here. I've got to start looking at the dates on posts.  :P
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 11 December 09 15:32 GMT (UK) »
No problem we've all done it... :D ( O.k...I won't lump everyone..."I" have)  J.J.

Offline vbain

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 11 December 09 20:36 GMT (UK) »
Easiest plcae to start is automatedgenealogy.com.
Can see 1852, then, 1901, 1905 (prairie Provinces only Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba - then, 1911 and if you have Ancestry, you can get 1916.
Canada does not reveal information until "100 years", but in fact, it is more like 90 yrs., thanks to Ancestry