Author Topic: christmas davies  (Read 3131 times)

Offline Studidavies

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: christmas davies
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 27 December 09 16:32 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to all the replies, looking into them with great excitement, you are all very good & very impressed with Roots chat.This is the 1st message we have put on the site.  Ex-Spire.

Hi, Chrismas Davies was my great grand father. Would you like some more info?

Offline Ex-Spire

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 28 December 09 10:52 GMT (UK) »
Dear Studidavies,  My adopted father, Morris Davies, was the son of Christmas Davies and Emily Susan Davies formerly Hill.  He,(Morris) was born the 14th. August 1904 in Newbold, Chesterfield, Derbyshire.  I assume we are connected to the same person so further information would be very helpful.
            I am fairly new to the ways of exchanging in formation via the internet, but can make contact, directly if you wish ,at 

Moderator comment: email address removed to prevent spam and other abuses, please use the Personal Message system to exchange such information - it will work when you've posted twice

Ex-Spire.  ( Brian Davies)

Offline Studidavies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 29 December 09 14:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brian,

I am Stephen Robert Davies and Frank Davies ( Son of Christmas was my grandad)

Chris and Emily (nee Hill) were married at Chesterfield register office on Christmas Day 1888. However, there are a few, what should I say annomallies. They are both down as being 21 years, yet on the census she is 6 years younger. Here father Fred Hill is down as being deceased but I do have evidence of him being alive at the time. It gets a bit complicated and I have yet to quite work it out.

Chris dies in 1906 of TB and Emily remarried (not sure when) I think to some one called Curly Ward. There is also some connection (according to my uncle) to the Thacker family who also lived at Sheepbridge (Cambridge) Square.

Regards

Steve

I think she may well have been pregnant and had to marry. I will dig some more information out for you. You can email me direct on

Moderator comment; email removed - see above

I would be interested on what light you may be able to shed.

Offline Christmas-Davoes

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 10 June 21 19:03 BST (UK) »
Hello

My name is John Mark Christmas Davies.
I think I'm related to these Christmas Davies my uncle Christmas William Davies and my Grandfather whom I sadly did not meet who is buried in St John's Church in Newbold was also Christmas William Davies

If you have any information I would be greatful

Mark ;D