Author Topic: Samuel Andrews - Hatfield Broad Oak 1804  (Read 16150 times)

Offline janet lesley

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel Andrews - Hatfield Broad Oak 1804
« Reply #27 on: Monday 13 December 10 05:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi ,I have been going back over the chats about Mordecai Andrews. There are a few facts I can add. Hope they clear up the family connections. The Mordecai 111  that belongs to Mord 2nd and 1st, died unmarried and childless. He lived a gay life of a gentleman and spent a lot of time in Italy. His mother Elizabeth Rutt  spoilt  him . He is buried at Stanford Rivers. Mord 2nd married Hannah May   9.9.1773, they had 1 child Anne Hannah Andrews . He married Elizabeth Rutt  8.2.1780 they had 11 children.   Mord 1st married Sarah Maydman abt 1738 ,they had 3 children Mordecai 2nd, Mary  m. Rev. William Kingsbury, Sarah m. Walter Taylor ( circular saw inventor), Hannah m. Rev. William Jameson. Hannah was born after her father died. Her mother was Mordecai 1st second wife Sarah Fann.   The Mordecai Andrews who married Hannah Litchfield is probably a different family branch. I have never found parents for Mord 1st . Hope this helps out    Janet

Offline janet lesley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 22 January 13 23:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi, it has been a while since I have looked at this family but I have found this will/deed that I thought may relate to the 3 Mordecais in my tree (they were all dead before 1843) it may help someone else.   Ref Code  D/DHtT37/5  Deeds of Braintree   created 25.11.1843  Braintree.       Sarah Bowtell of Braintree bequests to her brother Thomas Clark and her nieces Susanna Andrews and Sarah wife of Mordecai Andrews    proved 14.2.1844    I hope this helps someone       Janet

Offline janet lesley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 14 November 18 04:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everyone, it has been a while since I up dated my info. If you are still interested I have sorted out the Mordecai Andrews families.  I have found the parents of my Rev. Mordecai Andrews 1st, F- John Andrews  b. 1685  M- Elizabeth Clarke. b. 1688.    Children  Elisabeth b.1711, Gamaliel b. 1715  d. 1770  and the rev Mordecai  1st.                                                                                                     Elizabeth Clarkes parents were Gamaliel Clarke   b. 1658 d.1697  and Ann Mannering b.1660  their children were Ann b.1679, Sarah b. 1684, Gamaliel b. 1685 d. 1721, and Elizabeth b 1688.                   Gamaliel Clarke s father was Thomas Clarke b. 1635 d. 1686.                                                           Getting back to the Andrews family, Gamaliel Andrews b1715-1770  married Ruth Reeve /Beckworth ( 2 marriages ) b.1716 d. 1767  married 23.8.1744   children Sarah b.1746 d.1803 m Samuel Forsaith, Gamaliel b.1750 d. 1789 m Eleanor Almsworthy   Mordecai b.1761 d. 1789 m Hannah Litchfield  and Elizabeth b.1763.  Hope this helps. Janet

Offline B Durken

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 17 October 20 10:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Janet,

Thank you very much for your interesting research on the Andrews family. I am a descendant of Mordecai Andrews II through his daughter Eliza Julia Andrews and George Flower. I am very interested in anything else you have on the Andrews, Clarke and Maydman Families and would be happy to help with research. My email is (*)

Thanks, Brent

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php