Author Topic: Surname intrests in The Lye area  (Read 75129 times)

Offline linell

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Surname intrests in The Lye area
« Reply #9 on: Monday 26 May 08 08:48 BST (UK) »
Hello Leigh, I have Joseph Chance born 1832 son of Enoch and Susannah Bashford, any connections to you?  linell.
Black Country Stringer, Sidaway, Mansell, Haynes, Westwood, Yardley, Reading, Worton, Willetts.

Offline aussie41353

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 26 May 08 09:21 BST (UK) »
G'day Linell,

To tell you the truth, I have (without a word of a lie) 6 Enoch Chances and, to date and still growing, 22 Joseph Chance's would you believe, Enoch being the fathers of and sons of Joseph, everywhere. The seemed to have bred like rabbits.

As I said, I am still a long way away from finalising this list so maybe it might help if you gave me some other surnames that are connected to this part of your tree which may help me identify someone for sure.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Leigh
Chance, Cartwright, Gauden from Worcestershire, Mason of Rowley Regis, Kestle from Cornwall and Smartt from Middlesex. Okay, so many inter family marriage, any one living in Worcestershire just about

Offline freddiebean

• RootsChat Senior
  • Jessie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 26 May 08 09:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Leigh

Do you have Robert,  Stephen, sarah and Jane Chance in your tree?

Julia
RHODES  - Dudley, Lye & Kidderminster
PHILLIPS - Dudley
EVANS     - Kidderminster, Worcestershire
ROACH & POUNTNEY  -  Worcestershire
GODDARD (Peter Holland) England
BISHOP   - Shipton Moyne,Tetbury
DAVIS     -  Miserden, Gloucestershire

SEALY/SEALEY - Taunton, Somerset

Offline linell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 26 May 08 15:39 BST (UK) »
Goodness Leigh, I didn't realise there were that many Enochs.  Ok this is what I have:-

Enoch 1805 Marries Susanna Bashford , son John 1826 Marries Sarah Griffiths, their children Mira 1848, John T 1858 Marries Matilda Davis, Benjamin 1860 and James 1865.

Joseph 1832 second son of Enoch Married Praise Yardley, their children Ann Elizabeth 1854, Mary Jane 1856 Marries Alfred Pope, Joseph Elijah 1859 Marries Matilda ?, Leah Chance 1863.

Peter 1832 third son of Enoch Marries Caroline Smith, their children Harriett 1858, Peter 1860, Charles 1863, Susan 1868 Marries (1) Ephraim Smith and (2) Jeremiah Bingham, Mary Ann 1870, Elias 1873, John 1877.

Benjamin 1834 fourth son of Enoch.
Jesse 1837 Fifth son of Enoch Marries Eliza Stinsley, their children Enoch 1858, John 1860, Mary Jane 1863, Susannah 1866, Timothy 1868 Marries Phoebe Ann Hill, Daniel 1870, Eliza 1872, Clara 1874, Jesse 1876, Joseph 1878.

Daniel 1838 sixth son of Enoch Marries (1) Susanna Hart, their children Mary E. 1860, George H. 1862, Benjamin 1864, John 1867, Susanna 1869, (2) Patience Weston their children Daniel Joseph 1875, Mary Ann 1875.

Mary 1841 Daughter of Enoch
Enoch 1844 Seventh son of Enoch
Timothy 1847 Eigth son of Enoch Marries Eva Wooldridge , their children Myra and Susannah 1882.

I have some more generations but will leave that for later.  Regards linell.
Black Country Stringer, Sidaway, Mansell, Haynes, Westwood, Yardley, Reading, Worton, Willetts.

Offline aussie41353

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 02 June 08 03:11 BST (UK) »
G'day Linell,

Yes, we are certainly talking about the same branch in my tree and have I got some great news for you! That is if you wish to get a full 67 page Word document detailing this branch of the Chance family and its associated twigs?

You could email me at

MODERATOR COMMENT: email address removed to avoid spam and other abuses. Please use personal message system to share email addresses and other personal details. Thank You 

and I will forward the report to you via email if you are on broadband.

Best regards

Leigh
Chance, Cartwright, Gauden from Worcestershire, Mason of Rowley Regis, Kestle from Cornwall and Smartt from Middlesex. Okay, so many inter family marriage, any one living in Worcestershire just about

Offline alisonj-64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 19 October 08 17:51 BST (UK) »
Hi. I have a Katherine Chance c1809 in my tree who married a william skelding( st marys oldswinford) in 1829. They had around 16 children. Thought it was worth passing this info on.
Regards Alison (quarry bank.west midlands)

lye.wollescote. westwood,brettell,charnock,pearson,skelding,taylor

Offline alisonj-64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 22 October 08 21:59 BST (UK) »
HI. I have NEWEY,CHANCE AND SKELDING IN MY FAMILY TREE. Seem to remember a cousin Colin Gordon aswell.He would be about 45ish from pedmore/wollescote area.
Alison
lye.wollescote. westwood,brettell,charnock,pearson,skelding,taylor

Offline Martinwootton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 15 December 08 17:58 GMT (UK) »
Is anyone out there looking at Gadd, Southall or Liveter?
Gadd,Moss, Southall,Robinson,Thompson,Wootton,Liviter. Birmingham, Ireland, Cumbria, Yorkshire, Isle of Man.

Offline behindthefrogs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • EDLIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 15 December 08 21:00 GMT (UK) »
Have you added and checked your names in the Surname Interests Table?

The link is via "Your Surname Interests".  Found at the bottom of every page

David
Living in Berkshire from Northampton & Milton Keynes
DETAILS OF MY NAMES ARE IN SURNAME INTERESTS, LINK AT FOOT OF PAGE
Wilson, Higgs, Buswell, PARCELL, Matthews, TAMKIN, Seckington, Pates, Coupland, Webb, Arthur, MAYNARD, Caves, Norman, Winch, Culverhouse, Drakeley.
Johnson, Routledge, SHIRT, SAICH, Mills, SAUNDERS, EDLIN, Perry, Vickers, Pakeman, Griffiths, Marston, Turner, Child, Sheen, Gray, Woolhouse, Stevens, Batchelor
Census Info is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk