Author Topic: Sachnovsky and Baranorsky- born 1919/1922  (Read 25052 times)

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Sachnovsky and Baranorsky- born 1919/1922
« on: Monday 21 April 08 16:25 BST (UK) »
I am trying to research the history behind a Sachnovsky family in the Elham & Canterbury areas early 1900s including an Andrew SACHNOVSKY born in Canterbury June 1921 (died 2001) with mother's maiden name of TCHITCHERINE or any info on the Sachnovsky name in Kent at the turn of the century.

Also looking into a Baranorsky/Tchitcherine connection in the Canterbury area.

Does anyone know of these two families? Were they involved in the performimg arts/theatre at all?

Any information, however small, would be really appreciated.

Caroline
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)
Wood/Gibbs/Battrick/Fall/Budden-(Dorset)

Offline Caminol

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sachnovsky and Baranorsky- born 1919/1922
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 June 11 21:12 BST (UK) »
Did you ever receive any replies to this post.   I know that it was a long time ago, but I would be very interested to know.

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 June 11 21:32 BST (UK) »
Sadly no. My interest is in the surname Tchitcherine- and possibly identifying a british link. It was a bit of a long shot- but no responses as yet.
Caroline
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 June 11 22:12 BST (UK) »
I'm not sure quite how far you've got Caroline or what you are trying to establish but there are a few refs. to TCHITCHERINE in the Canterbury area ie. Alexandra of independant means from Russia of  21 Ethelbert Road, Canterbury granted British nationality 6 Aug 1929 (born c1891 d1961?).

Helen of "Wilstead", Ethelbert Rd, Canterbury (born c1858) died 26 Jan 1931.  Probate granted to Boris TCHITCHERINE esq. and John Steggall SAWYER chartered accountant £8283.  Funeral notice in "The Times" notes widow of Andrew and sister of the late John HOWARD - funeral to take place at Lyminge.

Casalguidi :)

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Caminol

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 14 June 11 22:20 BST (UK) »
Caroline. I am not sure what info you are looking for but I may able to help. This is my family  tell me what you need and the purpose for your enquiry.

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 15 June 11 20:54 BST (UK) »
Thank you for getting in contact- I was doing this research 3 years ago- and I think possibly I was shooting off at a tangent- but you never know!

I have been researching the life of Princess Clementine Eristvi Tchitcherine (1888-1973)- and I was clearly digging around for links with Tchitcherine in the UK - In a nutshell, Clementine was born in Brussels to Englis parents and married Prince Eristavi tchitcherine ( A Russian/Geogian Prince) after WW1. Clementine had a son Frank- who took the surname of  Tchitcherine- his stepfather. Frank Tchitcherine was born 1907 in Paris but attended Brighton College before dtudying at Cambridge from 1927-1929. he was a great athlete at both Brighton college and cambridge.

I think I was just trying to see if there was any link with the Tchitcherine family in the UK - increulousy, my grandmother who lived all her life in London and died in 1976, was in corresdpondence with Clementine -Franks mother, from after WW2 until the early 1960s- and Clementine lived in the south of France.
It is a very curious connection as my grandmother was just an ordinary lady- yet she was corresponding with a French/Rusian Princess.
So the crux of this particular line of enquiry is to investigate any Tchitcherine families in the UK from the turn of the century to date.
If any of this makes any sense to you I would welcome just the smallest facts because sooner or later a small piece will be the missing piece of a very complex jigsaw!
Caroline

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 15 June 11 21:04 BST (UK) »

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Caminol

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 15 June 11 21:09 BST (UK) »
I can tell you that Andrew Sachnovsky (Howard) was born in Canterbury and his mother was a Tchitcherine.  She is buried in St Margaret's Church, Canterbury, as Andrew is.  He married my father's sister and they lived in London and Canterbury for as long as I can remember.  I don't know much about the Tchitcherine family to be honest, however there are several surviving members of the family scattered around the world and a few around the Kent area, including Andrew's son.

So you have your link between the Sachnovsky's and the Tchitcherine's.....it was more Chartham than Elham.  If you think that this info is relevant to you then maybe I could put you in touch with a member of the Tchitcherine famly

Offline abthc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Tchitcherine - UK connection
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 18 December 11 20:37 GMT (UK) »
I realize that this discussion is a little "stale" now, but I might be able to shed some light on the Tchitcherines, particularly Frank.

My mother (1917 - 2007) grew up in Wimbledon, and one of her childhood friends from there, Sheila (née Galligal) was widowed during World War 2. Sheila soon married Frank Tchitcherine and they moved to Connecticut, where I visited them often until I left the area in 1970. Frank died of throat cancer in (around) 1984 and Sheila died in (around 2001).

They didn't have any children. As far as I know, Frank never had a job and was supported by his mother, who lived in Paris (as has already been noted).

So there was a UK-connection........