Author Topic: Sachnovsky and Baranorsky- born 1919/1922  (Read 25098 times)

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sachnovsky and Baranorsky- born 1919/1922
« Reply #9 on: Monday 19 December 11 19:40 GMT (UK) »
Thank you- I have done considerable research into Frank Tchitcherine and his marriage to Sheila- I still cannot quite understand if this is how my grandmother came to know Frank's mother. My grandmother was corresponding with Frank's mother from 1949 to 1964 but had no reference to Frank in her address book. I do know my grandmother was trying to establish what had happened to her RAF son who was killed in 1944- with the rest of the crew of his Lancaster plane- during a bombing mission from England over the Begian/german border.
Does any of this ring any bells?
Caroline
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)
Wood/Gibbs/Battrick/Fall/Budden-(Dorset)

Offline abthc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 01 January 12 23:17 GMT (UK) »
Caroline: That your grandmother was trying to find out about the fate of her "RAF son" who was shot down in 1944 rings bells with me because that is when and how Sheila Tchitcherine's first husband died. However, it is odd - inconceivable almost - that your grandmother would be in correspondence with Sheila's second mother-in-law about this!

I can say that the "princess" was actually a kind of vaudeville artist who specialized in magic acts and was quite a colorful character. See http://magicpostergallery.com/Ionia_2.html. When she married the prince, she gave up her act and clung fiercely to the title of "princess".

Good luck with your search. If my mother were still alive, I am sure that she would have all the clues.

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 02 January 12 15:37 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for that- I must admit I have started to look into Sheila Ballingel's first husband as I though that could be a logical link- I will re-open my file and have another look. I have done extensive research on Princess Clementine - and her extensive family- but nothing obvious there yet! My grandmother's first contact with Clementine was in 1949 through to 1964. Please let me know if you can find anything that may link in- my late uncle was a Flight Sergent with the RAF as a navigator- his Lancaster was shot down in July 1944 during a night bombing raid over Scholven - all crew reported as missing presumed dead- but sadly my grandmother never accepted that fact and searched relentlessly for him for many years afterwards.
Thank you for keeping in touch!
Caroline
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)

Offline GARDINER 1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 17 April 12 23:19 BST (UK) »
TO abthc:

Frank TCHITCHERINE was absolutely not supported by his mother but he was supported by his elderly aunt all his life long       ( and his mother too)

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 18 April 12 08:09 BST (UK) »
I am extremly interested by your reply re Frank Tchitcherine- can we share some information please

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 18 April 12 20:27 BST (UK) »
Excuse me for asking but is the fact that your RootsChat name is Gardiner- that is a significant surname in Clementine's father's family- and therefore that of her siblings and consequently that of Frank's uncles and aunts.- is that relevant or just a coincidence!

This ahs been a brick wall for a long time- I have sent you a personal mesage off the main site but ned you to respons so we can share the research.

Caroline

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 18 April 12 21:17 BST (UK) »
GARDINER 1 will need to post three times on the main boards here on Rootschat before their personal message system is automatically activated.

Casalguidi :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sailorgirl529

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 20 May 12 17:26 BST (UK) »
Dear Queenswood1,
I have been following your posts for some time. I have actually joined this forum for the sake of communicating with you. I was so happy to see you are still active on the list.

I see that your search for the meaning of your Grandmother's correspondence with Clementine De Vere has taken you far and wide. My interest in the subject was brought on when my husband bought an item on Ebay that ended up having belonged to Frank. Because I have a young child I have only been able to devote minimum time to this matter, but it is positively magnetic.

I will wait till I hear from you here, but I look forward to hopefully shining a spotlight on how Clementine [because of Frank] might have given hope to your Grandmother about procuring news about the fate of your dear Uncle.

Sincerely,
Veronica

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 20 May 12 18:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Veronica- I am seriously excited by your post! I think you have to post on this forum at least 3 times before we can send personal messages to each other out of the public view.

Please respond to this message on the Wall and we will keep going till you get the ok to send me a personal message- I will tell you how!

My search has been going for so long , I am hopeful you may be able to help me resolve this!

It is certainly an unbelievable story!!!!!!
Caroline :)