Author Topic: Glover Bros Mill, Wortley, Leeds  (Read 7395 times)

Offline Calverley Lad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Glover Bros Mill, Wortley, Leeds
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 24 October 18 14:39 BST (UK) »
You are both free to exchange e mail address once SimonHC has 3posts to his credit. :)
Don't post e mail info on this open forum as there is a risk of deletion and spam messages being sent.
Regards Brian
Yewdall/Yewdell/Youdall -Yorkshire

Offline SimonHC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 28 October 18 15:44 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Brian, in that case here's my third post! I'll post some pictures lower resolution so anyone who's interested can see. This one is of Laburnum House and I think the girl in the bonnet is my grandmother which would make the photo dated around the turn of the century, but I don't know for sure. Clarence Glover was her father who along with his brothers Leonard and Edgar owned Glover Bros. Mill. He lived in Laburnum House as did Daniel Hinchcliff before him. Daniel owned Providence Mill in Morley and possibly the Wortley Mill before the Glovers. Daniel's grandson was my grandfather and married Gladys May Glover my grandmother.

Offline clarence2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 28 October 18 22:28 GMT (UK) »

Offline Carol Swanson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 29 January 19 20:21 GMT (UK) »
hi im tracing my  glover family on ancestry been looking into the mills as my family from around this area  trying to make connection but have hit a brick wall any info would be good  thanx

Offline Ivyhedge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 20 April 23 04:56 BST (UK) »
What a wonderful bunch you all are.  You can see that I have not looked back at this site for so long it was hard to find my password.  My G. Grandfather was Edgar Glover, My Grandmother was Elsie and I had a great aunt Kitty.  Elsie is buried at Ruscombe Church near Twyford Berks.  Attached is a Photo of Edgar trout fishing.
Battrick, Yorks
Wayman, Yorkshire
Donaldson, Otago
Danobie, County Durham
Glover, Leeds