Author Topic: jessie whittle,  (Read 7014 times)

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: jessie whittle,
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 27 April 08 17:11 BST (UK) »
this might be annie on the 1891

old sq. ho. manbeen elgin moray
james walker 34 farm servant born elgin
annie wife 32 born shire , ross
james son 12 b. elgin
annie s daug. 9 b. elgin
john son 6 b. elgin

? jessie's brother
james walker b. 23rd june 1856 new spynie moray parents james walker &
ann smith(IGI)

ev

ps only minus point is i can't find marriage for charles whittle & jessie walker
     or hutchison
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Piglet01

• Email address not working please contact support
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 27 April 08 20:03 BST (UK) »
Hello
From the IGI - born to George Hutchinson and Jessie Walker
George Hutchinson and James Hutchinson - on 28 December 1873, Elgin, Moray - both 'extracted' so both available - probably on the same page on www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Free SP search from 1901 to 1950 - shows only 3 Jessie Walker (her maiden surname) deaths.  2 born in 1848.  I've come across SP doing this before putting down the year of ch. as birth or if the birth was at the end of a year it's registered in the next.  None dying in Banff. 

Steve :O)

Offline liz hutchison

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 02 May 08 13:57 BST (UK) »
i believe from what i found out from that the jessie walker-whittle was married to charles whittle.it is them in 1901 census.but on the family tree it says she was married to a james oglilve todd foster.this jessie has me really baffled she couldnt have been married to two differnet men at same time.both of her death dates that i have been able to get from family tree and i.g.i have 1904.also that her b/d abt 1850 not 1847-1849?liz hutchison

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 02 May 08 15:38 BST (UK) »
hi liz  :)

looking at the tree on rootsweb it looks like alexander walker born 1868
elgin moray was the son of james ogilvie todd foster and jessie walker
then she had the twins to george hutchinson in 1873
no sign of a marriage to either man
then sometime after this she may have married charles whittle if we're on
the right track

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline liz hutchison

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 02 May 08 16:13 BST (UK) »
thanks ev ,have heard that their was a son alexander,before the twins,wasnt sure.when you say roots web how do i find that.liz ???

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile

Offline liz hutchison

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 03 May 08 07:02 BST (UK) »
thank you for that ive been having a look around didnt even know that it had been done,liz . ;D

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 07 May 08 23:32 BST (UK) »
Are you saying that a Jessie Hutchinson married a Charles Whittle? Sounds like the right entry then. Also supported by Annie Walker niece staying with them in 1901. Although I don't think George and Jessie were married, Jessie from what Liz has said, passed herself off as Hutchinson. If you have found a marriage entry for them, maybe that was the name she was then using rather than Walker?

That's spot on. I corresponded some years ago with Jan, the author of that online family tree. At the time she was researching George Hutchinson, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't married to Jessie Walker, and that Jessie later married a Whittle.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline genkid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 12 May 08 17:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Liz,  As stated Jessie Walker did not marry either James Forster, (father of Alexander) or George Hutchinson, (father of the twins)  :o Hello Forfarian, it's be a long time since we chatted, i have your email addy somewhere. ;)

Hutchison/Hutchinson (Northumberland, Moray, Banffshire) Walker (Moray) Mathers (Marykirk,Laurencekirk, Montrose) Coull (Ferryden)