Author Topic: Trowbridge - 1841-1851-1861  (Read 9910 times)

Offline KA

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Trowbridge - 1841-1851-1861
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 28 May 05 13:54 BST (UK) »
Thanks Christine,

I've looked on IGI.  Sarah MIGHT have a sibling called Selina.  Christened 1832.  Of course, nothing to say that she would be still alive.  But if you see one ..... I'd love to know.

Regards

KA

Offline ChristineR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 28 May 05 14:28 BST (UK) »
I dont recall seeing a Selina SMITH, but I shall recheck.

I would probably notice as I have a Selina FISHER (b abt 1837 Trowbridge) who married a William BILLETT who was born in Bristol, Goucestershire. 

Selina's parent's John FISHER and Ann BILLETT are my husband's 3rd great grandparents.   I purchased this single cd (from Archive CD Books) for the purpose of finding the family - which I have.   According to the IGI, this Ann may be the daughter of Thomas and Ann BILLETT, who I saw mentioned in one of your other replies.

Christine

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline KA

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 28 May 05 14:58 BST (UK) »
According to information I have  Ann Billett b. 1808 Trowbridge m 1829 John Fisher.  witnesses John Billet and Sarah Pobjoy.

Ann Fisher is daughter of Thomas Billett (b. 1766) and Ann Long m. 5 April 1790.

Thomas son of John Billett and ELizabeth Smith m 28 December 1758.  Witnesses James Tyrell and John Gibbs.

John Billett may be son of Thomas Billett and Mary Thresher m. 6 March 1734/5.  I can't find anything to confirm he is.  Just very likely.  However, Thomas Billett of Lacock was apprenticed to a John Thresher of Lacock 1729.  The Laycock Billetts go back to Anthonie Billett who m. Martha Crue in 1566.

Is that what you have? I have some copies of Anthonie's Wills I can email if you would like.

Ann is the youngest sister of my John Billett (who married Sarah). 
Regards

KA

Offline ChristineR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 29 May 05 04:37 BST (UK) »
This is lovely, as I haven't any information about Ann at all, apart from the possibilty she was the daughter of Thomas and Ann.  I dont suppose you would have any idea when Ann died? She shows up in the 1841 census, but not again - at least not with the family.

Mention of Ann reminds me that I had found an elderly Ann BILLETT in 1841, I've just popped off and looked again at that image - Ann BILLETT, aged 60 (could be Ann nee Long, especially as next house has a Fanny LONG aged 80, and has an 8 year old Eliza FISHER who I dont know is mine or not.)  I'll do the transcription and send along.

I'll pop my email address in the private messages to you, very interested in anything you have on the BILLETTs.  By the way, according to the IGI Selina Fisher's husband William BILLETT was the son of William BILLETT and Eleanor LAVERTON who married in Trowbridge, though William was born Bristol.

My husband descends from Henry FISHER, Selina's brother.  He married in Australia in 1856.  I've hooked him up with this family because he has repeated the names of his siblings in his own children.  His death certifcate had his father's name, but an incorrect mother's name (the surname was actually his wife's maiden name), and his parents names weren't recorded at all on his marriage.  I'm lucky that records show he was born in Trowbridge, and not just Wiltshire.

AT some stage I expect to get the Trowbridge film in to my local LDS centre, but it will be a while before I get to do that as I have another two to look at first.  Maybe I can proove the Billett/Thresher as that John's parents.

Christine
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Matthew Billett

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 24 August 14 08:43 BST (UK) »
Hello :) My name is Matthew Billett, son of Mark ford billett, son of Roy templeman billett.

Roys brother is Albert Alfred billett and their father is Alfred templeman billett. ( brother is frank Ford billett)

We live in cape town, south africa. we have the family bible from 1765, it is anne ford's, daughter of a john and betty ford :)

it also contains a family tree each each of the generations