Author Topic: Beck Family of Hanbury  (Read 4803 times)

Offline DebbieG

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Beck Family of Hanbury
« Reply #9 on: Friday 02 May 08 15:41 BST (UK) »

Embrey was baptised 10th Nove 1812 in Hanbury the son of John & Mary,  which would make Thomas the one baptised 13th April 1794 in Hanbury also son of John & Mary,  they also had

BECK   Elizabeth   17    Apr   1796       
BECK   George   27    Jan   1799       
BECK   Wm.      12    Mar   1800       
BECK   Mary      6    Feb   1803       
BECK   Henry      23    Sep   1804       
BECK   Joseph      19    Jun   1808       
all baptised in Hanbury

Em(b)rey was buried 13th Jan 1869 in Hanbury

there is also a burial 11th December 1869 for and Eliza Beck aged 37 - could this be William Henry's widow?

Debbie
Pay(n)ton, Payton, Pe(a)rton all Oxfordshire and Berkshire - particularly Abingdon

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dudleylad

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 02 May 08 18:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much this does indeed seem the right family

Offline Yegvard

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 05 May 08 10:11 BST (UK) »
HI,

What you do next depends to some extent on where you live.  If you can get to Worcester Record Office you need to trawl the parish records of St. Mary's, Hanbury.  If that is not practical then one of the LDS (Mormons) Family History Centres will get the microfilms for you.  (About £5.50 per film if I remember rightly)  You can use their readers too. 

In addition, there is the Worcestershire Marriage Index which covers 1660-1837 so you can find every BECK marriage in the county, as it covers both bride and groom.  This was created by BMSGH - the Birmingham & Midland Society for Genealogy & Heraldry.  Only two hard copies exist, one at Worcester record office the other is in BMSGH's own library.  Not available on the Internet postal applications can be obtained at http://www.bmsgh.org/search/Wo_marr_index.html.

BMSGH also has Worcestershire well covered for burials.  See http://www.bmsgh.org/search/Wo_burial_index.html  but you can also see the same burials with the CD set -The National Burial Index II.

As you push further back in time resources become much scarcer.  Digging around the catalogues of county record offices becomes a must.  Wills, inventories, enclosure awards, estate maps, Poor Relief and much more come to light.  Also contacting other researchers, who may be relatives.  Sometimes connections can be made because they are coming at the same problem from a different angle.  So beside RootsChat use the RootsWeb email lists as well as the other boards, e.g.Genealogy.com., Ancestry.com and the other UK based boards.  You never know where on earth relatives pop up from!

Good luck

Mike
HANDS, HANDES, HANNS, HANNES, HANNE, HANNON (Yardley to Bromsgrove)
 MIL(L)WARD, COTTERIL, CLULEE, IZOD, HASSALL, TODD, STRATTON, JAKEMAN, JENNINGS, MOLE, ALLCOCK PINFIELD north Worcestershire
WATERS, Thurzo, Sutherland> Bishopswearmouth, Durham
GARDNER, Solihull;
HUMPHRIES & HUMPHREYS, Meifod, Montgomeryshire>Bilston, STS> Manchester & Texas + Kansas, USA
JAKENS, BIRD, CRAPPER Bury, HIGGINBOTHAM, HORRIDGE, CUNDIFF, Lancs
LEO, Galway/Tipperary, & CARROLL, Carlow Ireland

Offline Puffcat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 26 May 08 14:25 BST (UK) »
The Parish Registers for Hanbury, are I believe not complete.

Offline Worcestershiregal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 11 May 19 21:15 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Late to the Party but we are relatives. I descend from Mary Beck b. 1857 (my gg grandma) daughter, Ellen Eliza Walker b. 1887 (my great grandma). I was looking for historical records for shoemakers. I’m not allowed to send personal messages on here, probably because I only signed up this evening. If you ever return to this site then we should exchange contact details. We live not far from you in Kidderminster.

Offline dudleylad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 18 May 19 11:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Worcestershiregal lovely to hear from.... we are relatives I have a photo of the whole family together at a wedding including your great grandma and grandad.

My email address is garysmarshall@yahoo.co.uk feel free to contact myself.

Not sure how much you know about your great grandmas brothers and sister?

Offline Worcestershiregal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 21 May 19 21:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Gary,

I will drop you an email. We have some photos that may be of interest to you also. We are still making sense of the photos inherited. My grandparents kept everything! We don’t know much about the brothers and sister. Other than the few records found. We work in Droitwich, I lived there for a short period so was particularly drawn to the Hanbury family.

Louise

Offline dudleylad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 21 May 19 21:57 BST (UK) »
Its always the way. I was lucky that one of our other family members (another Walker) had done alot of research so he copied me lots of information.

Look forward to hearing from you.