Author Topic: Ordering a Marriage Cert  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Iria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Ordering a Marriage Cert
« on: Monday 17 January 05 18:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everyone

I have seen a Marriage that I require on the Cheshire BMD Website... Do I Need the Date of Marrage Before I can Order it or is the Imformation that is on there all i need??

The Marriage is For

John Harold and Sarah Ann Bold M Birkenhead 1861

Hope Someone Can Help

Regards

Iria
Harold Liverpool and Warwickshire
Slater Liverpool
 Murray Liverpool
Garner  Liverpool
Lister/Lester Liverpool and Cambridgeshire
Norris Liverpool and Ireland

Census Information is Crown Copyright From:
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Ordering a Marriage Cert
« Reply #1 on: Monday 17 January 05 19:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Iria

If you have found the reference on the BMD site you can order it direct from the General Register Office online

The link is http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

You will need the year, the quarter of the year it was registered in (March, June, September or December) and the reference number ie 6b 375 or 17 456

It will cost you £7.00 for the certificate but they are taking a while to deliver with the sudden interest in family history

If you live in the area where they were married you can go into your registry office and order it and it will take about 7 days

If you dont know the exact date give them as much information as possible. The GRO number will not mean anything to them but at least if you tell them which year and quarter it narrows their search down a lot

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline Iria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 17 January 05 19:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Willow

Thanx for your quick reply..

This is all the Information i have

HAROLD John BOLD Sarah A Birkenhead, Holy Trinity Wirral BK2/1/482

Year 1861 will this still be ok to order the Cert?

Regards

Iria
Slater Liverpool
 Murray Liverpool
Garner  Liverpool

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 17 January 05 19:30 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Iria

Yep that should be enough information so go for it !

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 17 January 05 20:02 GMT (UK) »
I was doing some searching for these two - was John Harold a musician?
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Iria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 17 January 05 21:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Hack

John Harold was a watch Jeweller/Finisher from Liverpool..I Carn't Find Him Anywhere on the 1871 Census where his approx age would be 52 Years Old... Sarah Ann is his Second wife Daughter of Caleb Bold and Hannah Corf.. John Harolds First wife was Called Elizabeth Emma Bold Dau of John Bold and Hannah Manchester.. The Reason i need the Cert For is to Find Out Who John Harold Father was...If any of these familys Fit in to who you are Looking For you can send me a Im and i will try and fill you in with the information i already have

Regards

Iria

Slater Liverpool
 Murray Liverpool
Garner  Liverpool

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 18 January 05 17:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Iria
            On the Cheshire BMD site if you click on the ref number IE in your case BK/1/482 It will bring up a pre printed order form, print it of and send it to the address shown plus the fee of course.
            When ordering from General reg. office you need a differant ref. number as the Cheshire BMD have there own indexing and the two don't match,Its a typical uk gov cock up.

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 18 January 05 18:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Iria
            On the Cheshire BMD site if you click on the ref number IE in your case BK/1/482 It will bring up a pre printed order form, print it of and send it to the address shown plus the fee of course.
            When ordering from General reg. office you need a differant ref. number as the Cheshire BMD have there own indexing and the two don't match,Its a typical uk gov cock up.

peterbennett

Ahhh! sorry I misinformed you Iria have never used that BMD source before. Thanks for clearing that up Peter

Willow

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 19 January 05 10:53 GMT (UK) »

No problem  :) :)

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs