Author Topic: Isolation Hospital, Hartlepool  (Read 2988 times)

Offline Mercel

• RootsChat Senior
  • John Robert Forster 1892-1913
    • View Profile
Isolation Hospital, Hartlepool
« on: Monday 12 May 08 19:21 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any information anyone can give me on the Isolation Hospital in Hartlepool. My mum worked there as a nurse before/during WW2. Unfortunately I was not researching my family tree when she was alive and therefore did not ask many questions. I dont even know which hospital it was other than the Isolation Hospital.
I would love to hear from anyone else who had any relatives working here and if they have any photos they would like to share.
Best wishes Mercel
Hepworth - Yorkshire and Durham, <br />Forster, Thompson, Heatherington- Durham, <br />Harkness and Devlin- Glasgow, <br />Bolton and Smiths Sunderland, <br />Galey, Norfolk and Sunderland. <br />Cory - Heacham Norfolk<br />Connelly - Ireland,<br />Carson - Ireland, <br />McKay, Glasgow and Ireland,<br /> Tait,Ireland<br />Turley, Sunderland and Ireland, Devlin Londonderry Ireland, Higgans, londonderry Ireland, Hamilton, Ireland

CENSUS & BMD INFO IS CROWN COPYRIGHT www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Isolation Hospital, Hartlepool
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 May 08 22:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Mercel
The former Brierton Hospital was originally built in 1933 as an isolation hospital for patients suffering from infectious diseases, such as tuberculosis, scarlet fever and diphtheria.

See http://portcities.hartlepool.gov.uk/server.php?show=ConNarrative.113&chapterId=290

Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline madpants

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 12 May 08 23:02 BST (UK) »
There is an incident on 25th 26th July on this page where it is mentioned

http://www.bpears.org.uk/NE-Diary/Inc/ISeq_29.html
GREENWELL - Middlesbrough
TURNBULL - Houghton le Spring, Coxhoe, Spennymoor
DEVEY - Pentonville, Stockton, M'bro
MOHAN/HUN - Stockton on Tees
SCRAFTON - Darlington
BROADBENT - Saddleworth, Ashton Under Lyne
HEMSWELL - Grantham, M'bro
SIMPKINS - M'bro
SIMPKIN - Little Wratting, Suffolk
MALLALIEU - Saddleworth, Ashton U L
GOODWIN - Macclesfield Forest
SUTCLIFFE - Heptonstall, Ashton U L
PLIMMER - Pontesbury, Ashton U L
CAMBRIDGE - Goulborne, Ashton U L
SIDDALL - Ashton U L

Offline Mercel

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 12 May 08 23:21 BST (UK) »
Thank you Madpants, that was very interesting, and thanks Stan, I heard of the Brierton through the Port Cities site. I looked at that site earlier, wasnt sure if that was the one she was at. Will have to make further enqs with living relatives.
Kind regards
Mercel
Hepworth - Yorkshire and Durham, <br />Forster, Thompson, Heatherington- Durham, <br />Harkness and Devlin- Glasgow, <br />Bolton and Smiths Sunderland, <br />Galey, Norfolk and Sunderland. <br />Cory - Heacham Norfolk<br />Connelly - Ireland,<br />Carson - Ireland, <br />McKay, Glasgow and Ireland,<br /> Tait,Ireland<br />Turley, Sunderland and Ireland, Devlin Londonderry Ireland, Higgans, londonderry Ireland, Hamilton, Ireland

Offline Mercel

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Photo at Isolation Hospital, Hartlepool or Sunderland Royal Infirmary
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 15 May 08 12:24 BST (UK) »
I dont know if anyone will know but i am trying to find out where this photo was taken. My mum is pictured bottom right hand corner. Not sure if taken at Isolation Hospital or at Sunderland Royal Infirmary where she moved to after Hartlepool.
Does anyone recognize anyone else in the photo
Mercel