Author Topic: Mary QUINN  (Read 8483 times)

Offline genefinder

• I am sorry my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: mary quinn
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 14 May 08 12:47 BST (UK) »
Dear Trish
I will try to come up with a story but i do not know anything of these ancestors .That is why i have asked rootschat.
When i ask about a person its because i have got to them and hit a wall.I know nothing of John Mccarthy and his wife but i will keep searching.I have searched the lists of publicans for Mary Quinn with no luck.
                   Liz
pennington /huddersfield pennington/australia goddard/ uk may/uk bevitt /uk harvey/ uk/devlin/ ireland  murrell uk faux /tasmania jones /ireland nordstedt/sweden  hughes/uk  henry/uk mccarthy /australia quinn/australia

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 14 May 08 14:08 BST (UK) »
It certainly isn't compulsory to write a story  :) - but if you could find Mary Quinn and her hotel that could be an interesting story in itself - good luck with the searching

Trish
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline genefinder

• I am sorry my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 15 May 08 01:13 BST (UK) »
Dear Trish
Yes i agree the story on the hotel would be fantastic couldnt Mary tell some stories if she could . ::)   liz
pennington /huddersfield pennington/australia goddard/ uk may/uk bevitt /uk harvey/ uk/devlin/ ireland  murrell uk faux /tasmania jones /ireland nordstedt/sweden  hughes/uk  henry/uk mccarthy /australia quinn/australia

Offline Marcky

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 14 April 11 01:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Liz and Trish. My name is Mark and I am related to John McCarthy and Mary Quinn. I too have been hunting for information about John and Mary. I have a death certificate for Mary in 1860 (and her birth information) and believe John was born about 1818 (according to one of his son's birth records). His occupation has been listed as a carpenter or miner in various records. Do you have any further information about John or Mary such as John's birthplace, marriage, death etc? Liz - how did you know that Mary was a publican and John a farmer? Would be interested in sharing any information, certificates etc.

Thanks

Mark

Offline cristiane

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Mary QUINN
« Reply #22 on: Monday 31 December 18 23:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello all,
Mary nee Quinn was residing in the Elliott's Hotel when she died in 1860, it was owned by E Elliott, if you do a Trove search with the name of the hotel and the address listed on Mary's funeral notice, you will find out more on it.
To whoever has the death record for Mary in 1860, can you tell us all what is on it please.
According to the funeral notice, she was the wife of the late John McCarthy of Shoalhaven, which means he was already deceased (I found a reference in the Illawarra Mercury (Wollongong, dated 15 Dec 1859, page 2, says left wife and 4 children).  If these are correct, then who looked after the children of which only 2 I have been able to verify.
For those who have not been here awhile, these are ancestors of one of my great aunts children born in Qld.
hansen of kobenhavn danmark, honnor of london, merrylees etc of scotland, truscott of cornwall, tout of england, lovett of england, barrett of warwick england,  jacobs and hallam of london, beach  and morgan of qld australia, littlejohn, henwood and pearn of cornwall, walker, watherston etc, wilsone and watt of scotland, blaik and bowman of scotland, mccarthy of ireland.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Mary QUINN
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 01:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

Some further researching  similar names  :)
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=664420.0 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.