Author Topic: Mary QUINN  (Read 8485 times)

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: mary quinn
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 14 May 08 10:12 BST (UK) »

forgot to tell you Clara married William Faux 1863 at Forbes
William was born in 1833 VDL did have another thread for him as i cannot find his birth.Father farmer John Faux.
on marriage cert.
            liz
Liz here is the thread on William FAUX
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,271313.0.html

I was curious where you had to pay $25 to be told there was a baptism for Clara and then another $25 to have a copy.   Seems a tad pricey to me but then I have no experience in this area. 

Trish251 is terrific with info from Qld...and other places :) 

No wonder I couldn't find them as McCARTHY if they were indexed McCARTY :-\

Will get back to this thread later.  Off to bed.  Bit crook with a flu like virus.

Cheers
cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline genefinder

• I am sorry my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 14 May 08 11:05 BST (UK) »
Dear cando
yes it was pricy that is why i felt i wouldnt send for the cert.
i was disgusted i sent the money on the idea i was getting the baptism cert. and received the letter with that info giving me the address to send for the cert. :o
        liz
pennington /huddersfield pennington/australia goddard/ uk may/uk bevitt /uk harvey/ uk/devlin/ ireland  murrell uk faux /tasmania jones /ireland nordstedt/sweden  hughes/uk  henry/uk mccarthy /australia quinn/australia

Offline genefinder

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 14 May 08 11:27 BST (UK) »
dear trish
now i have found the 2 registrations myself being confused with the spelling .It is mearnt to be McCarthy or i have found macarthur as well
Now can i get the Cert. for $10 in queensland BDM. I wonder why i was asked for $25 i wish i could show you the letter It was 2006.would that make any difference were they more then?
                       Liz
pennington /huddersfield pennington/australia goddard/ uk may/uk bevitt /uk harvey/ uk/devlin/ ireland  murrell uk faux /tasmania jones /ireland nordstedt/sweden  hughes/uk  henry/uk mccarthy /australia quinn/australia

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 14 May 08 11:30 BST (UK) »
I assume this is them in NSW

V18473897 64/1847  MCCARTY  CLARA  JOHN  MARY  
V18462152 63/1846  MCCARTY  JOHN  JOHN  MARY    

Looking at the AVRI the parish is given as
Moreton Bay (Qld), Roman Catholic

I believe these early church records from NSW are available at state libraries and genealology centres - have to admit I have never checked, but someone on RC has mentioned same. Transcripts from NSW would be about $10 each.

Trish
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 14 May 08 11:33 BST (UK) »
dear trish
now i have found the 2 registrations myself being confused with the spelling .It is mearnt to be McCarthy or i have found macarthur as well
Now can i get the Cert. for $10 in queensland BDM. I wonder why i was asked for $25 i wish i could show you the letter It was 2006.would that make any difference were they more then?
                       Liz

You CANNOT get a Qld certificate for $10, but because Qld was part of NSW in 1846 and 1847 - until 1859, the records were maintained by NSW. Hence you can use one of the NSW transcription agents and it will be the SAME information that you would get from Queensland. As I said above, you can probably get them from a library for no charge! Are you in Brisbane? You could check the online index for the state library.

Trish

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 14 May 08 11:40 BST (UK) »
I had a quick look myself and the NSW church records to 1856 are at the Qld State library on fiche
http://www.slq.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/word_doc/0017/53018/Aus_ParishRecords1.doc

New South Wales
Church records are available on microfilm for the period until 1856 and are indexed in the NSW Pioneer Index 1787-1888 on fiche, CD-ROM and online at http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory/search.htm.  NSW included Port Phillip until 1851 and Moreton Bay until 1859.

Trish

Offline genefinder

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 14 May 08 11:43 BST (UK) »
Thank you trish i will try my library ;D

Offline genefinder

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 14 May 08 12:06 BST (UK) »
Dear Trish I cant believe they were in the NSW i have never looked as i thought it would be queensland.
                               Liz

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 14 May 08 12:24 BST (UK) »
Dear Trish I cant believe they were in the NSW i have never looked as i thought it would be queensland.
                               Liz

They are in BOTH Liz  :)  As I said, until 1859 Qld was part of NSW. Next year is an anniversary party for 150 years of Queensland. The Qld Fam History Soc is looking for stories about pre separation Queenslanders (your folks certainly fit this) for the celebration
http://www.qfhs.org.au/preseparation.htm

Trish

Here are the Qld index records, which give the date and mother's maiden surname. Interesting that they weren't added to the register until 1854
Mccarty John Baptism John Mary Quinn 5 Oct 1845 1854/BP1407
McCarty Clara Baptism John Mary Quinn 21 Jul 1847 1854/BP1451