Author Topic: T W Brown  (Read 8761 times)

Offline waterloo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: T W Brown
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 13 May 08 22:23 BST (UK) »
He was differently Thomas William  His Father was Thomas Brown born i21st November and his Mother was Annie Fields mmm45
The ones from Sculcoates sound right Pauline
The Thomas William who died In 1917 reg number 11522 is the one I have I just want to be certain as you will have noticed there are a lot of Browns about Toni
Yes I do have certs for both the marriage of my granddad and his birth
I have the birth and  marriage  certs for my dad thomas George Brown He married my mum  17th March 1934 if you want i can email you a copy if it will help Arranroots

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 13 May 08 22:32 BST (UK) »
Hi again Waterloo

I've removed your mum's name - not a good idea to post too much as this sort of information is often used as bank security, for example.

Regarding your ancestors - if you post the details of your dad's birth (parents anmes, dad's occupation, who registered it, address) and your grandfather's details from your parents' marriage cert, plus witnesses that would be great.

If we post the details here, others can help (while I get my beauty sleep, lol!)

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 14 May 08 08:45 BST (UK) »
i was just thinking last night  :o and it occurred to me that Thomas (William) Brown did not necessarily die in WW1, but his wife did remarry in 1939, there are a lot of Thomas William Brown deaths in that period to contend with i.e. match up to be potentially yours.
and tis made difficult by the fact that after 1920 you have to search the index qtr by qtr
do we know when the last child born to Thomas was?
Pauline found a birth in 1918 Q2 but you are thinking along the lines he died Jan 1917, so was the child not Thomas then or was that not Thomas that had died ?

Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline waterloo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 14 May 08 17:27 BST (UK) »
My grandfather was Thomas William Brown born 25th August 1877 at 10 King's Square Sykes Street Hull, His  Father was Thomas Brown mother Annie Brown formerly Fields  Fathers occupation was Varnist Maker Registration district Sculcoates   He married Mary Ann Glew on December 26 1901 then he was at 23 Sykes Street Hull and he was Foreman Varnist maker his dad at that time was deceased  the witness’s were Thomas Drinkall or Drinhall and clara Mellors They were married at the parish church St Phillips Hull the vicar was,  I think it is difficult to read the writing but best I make is J nreght lloure,  his son Thomas George was born 25 October 1902 And the address then was 7 Sidwell Street Scucoates  then he was down as occupation Seed Warehouse,  On his son’s wedding cert in 1934 he is just down as deceased and profession of father was down as Grain Worker, so weather he was killed in the war I am still not sure of any thing, it was just told to me that he died in the war I suppose he didn’t need to have been in the army to have died during the war  it was just the saying he died in the war not during

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 14 May 08 17:56 BST (UK) »
I think you are trying to go forwards rather than back - but this might help?

1891 census

RG12/3927/119/16

Thomas BROWN H M 42 - varnish maker
Alice W M 30 - London
Annie M dau U 15
Thomas Wm son U 13
James Ed son 12
Charlotte dau 10
Alice dau 9

all b Hull except Alice

Address: Bankside, Sculcoates, Yorkshire

Must be a second marriage, unless Alice is aka Ann?

Edit: 1881 census has wife Ann b Hull, so a second marriage looks likely

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline waterloo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 14 May 08 20:44 BST (UK) »
No I am not going forward except to put as much detail as i can that connects to my grandfather as I said I am now left wondering if he was in the army but my only relative is my older brother and he is certain that he was in the army when he died I just seem to have got stuck on trying to find out if the one i have found is the right one as there are a few tw Browns but he seem to fit I dint think i can get a death cert and if I did would it give me any more infor i just dint know where to go from here

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 14 May 08 20:49 BST (UK) »
I think I found Mary A GLEW before her marriage - does it say spinster on her wedding certificate?  What age was she?

She is a servant in 1901 for a family called JACKSON & there is a grandson George BROWN in the household.

RG13/4503/176/5

;)

Offline waterloo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 14 May 08 22:13 BST (UK) »
she was aged 20 on marriage cert and yes it says spinster her father was william Glew  profession Grane Man