Author Topic: When you have found the answers  (Read 2349 times)

Offline bennett

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
When you have found the answers
« on: Wednesday 19 January 05 00:00 GMT (UK) »
 When you have found the answers to your requests,do you think it would be better to delete,I know you like to keep on boards,for others to see,and how successful one has been,but it would save on space.
Just an idea.
I have added to my threads,saying  advice no longer needed,as information found.

bennett
DRAKE...Plymouth.Devon
LAKEY....Plymouth.Devon.
WEEKES.Plymouth.Devon.
MARTIN...Minehead.Somerset.
WEBBER..Watchet/Williton Somerset
STRONG...Minehead.Somerset.
SMITH......Minehead.Somerset.
HART........Leeds.Yorkshire.
WEIR.......Ireland.Liverpool
BROWN....Liverpool.
WRIGHT...Liverpool

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
Re: When you have found the answers
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 January 05 00:21 GMT (UK) »
Bennett,

It is our policy not to delete old threads,  RootsChat has plenty of space at the moment,  so it is not necessary. 

In the case of more general questions the answers prove useful for others facing the same problems.  And when they are more specific questions,  it is possible someone else researching the same line will find you and you can meet new cousins.  This has happened to me twice through RootsChat.  ;D

However,  your practice of adding to your threads,  to indicate you are no longer needing help,  is very useful to Moderators and users alike.  Please feel free to continue to help.  ;D

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.