Author Topic: Toole to Bristol MA USA, Census L/U 1910, or 1920, or anything  (Read 2475 times)

Offline leagen

• RootsChat Senior
  • Researching Family from Ireland during potato fam
    • View Profile
Re: Toole to Bristol MA USA, Census L/U 1910, or 1920, or anything
« Reply #9 on: Friday 28 January 05 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Janis, Thank you very much for this.  I had come across that Wilson Edwards (m) to Mary before, now to discover his relation to Jasper.  According to the birth places he isn't Jasper's father.  As to the 1900 census, you say it doesn't include Mass..  Jasper wasn't in Mass. in 1900, he was a child and prob. in TN. both in 1900 and 1910. I can't give a father's name because I know Nothing else about him.  Up to a week ago I didn't even know his first name but w/wonderful people like you helping I am finally making some progress.  Now to find him in 1900, that would Give me his father's name and w/the father's name he can then be found in 1910.  I wonder if he and Mary had any kids?  Too bad 1940's not out yet!   Thanks again.  Leagen
Jenkins-Salmon-Dwyer-Hill-Sargent/ Seargent-Young/ Jung-White-Kinney/ Kenny-Cook-Waterman-O'Neill-McDonald-Shufelt/ Shufeldt-Wilbur/ Wilber-Patterson--Covey-Tisdale-Wells-Dodge-Palmer.

Offline nutkin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My reason for digging! Two nutkins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 01 February 05 19:28 GMT (UK) »
The only Jasper C. Edwards I can find that even closely matches in 1900 is living in Arkansas and born in 1897 in Arkansas.  I have been ill and my brain is a bit foggy so I will have to think of some other ways to find you man. 

I though that that the 1900 is only indexed by head of household.  I will say that I cannot find on of my family in 1900 even thought I have a death record from 1902 so I know they were alive.  I even have their street address and it seems that their home was missed. Always possible,
George William Burke.. my missing link!! son of Wm Burke & Mary Jane Stone/Morris
Shields & Milner- Patrington  & Bilton, Yorkshire<br />Nixon & Bowers - Appleby, Broughton & Messingham, Lincolnshire<br />Hancock &Tyson- Tetford, Skendleby & Spilsby, Lincolnshire<br />Cochrane- Darvel, Loudon, Ayrshire<br />Yuill, Hardie- Paisley, Renfrewshire<br />Kennedy, Gardener & Clelland- Glasgow, Lanarkshire & Paisley, Renfrewshire<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchive

Offline leagen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 01 February 05 20:04 GMT (UK) »
Good to hear from you,Nut, and thank you for the info.  The one in Ak. can't be mine, I don't think, places of birth are wrong but I will do some searching and see where it leads.  I am thinking maybe, altho Jasper was (b) in Tn., maybe his family went back to VA. after he was (b) and lived there in 1900/1910.  The 2 states border so moving to the next state may have been as easy as moving across the street!  Leagen
Jenkins-Salmon-Dwyer-Hill-Sargent/ Seargent-Young/ Jung-White-Kinney/ Kenny-Cook-Waterman-O'Neill-McDonald-Shufelt/ Shufeldt-Wilbur/ Wilber-Patterson--Covey-Tisdale-Wells-Dodge-Palmer.

Offline leagen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 03 February 05 21:00 GMT (UK) »
I have checked out the Edwards in Ark. and the Wilson Edwards living next to Jasper in TN. and find no connection to Jasper but really feel there Must be some connection to Wilson at least.  Too much of a coincidence him living right next door.  Maybe he was a brother to Jasper's father.  Jasper's father was (b) in VA. but a brother could easily have been (b) in NC.  There was a big clan of Edwards from NC and this Wilson is prob. one of them but I haven't found him linked to the NC Edwards yet.  Found a Wilson (b) in 1847 tho but this one was (b) 1873.  Prob. of the next generation and from a son who hasn't gotten much info published about him yet online.    Leagen