Author Topic: Birth - Leslie John Satchwell  (Read 2494 times)

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Birth - Leslie John Satchwell
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 26 April 20 07:40 BST (UK) »

Brisbane Courier 17 Mar 1927 p10
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/21100688?

Sachwell.—The Friends of Mr. W. C. Sachwell, Mrs. E. Turner, Mrs. J.Charters, Mrs. G. Patterson, and Mr. L. Sachwell....deceased Wife and their Mother, Mrs. Emmeline Martha Sachwell.......residence, Ipswich-road, Woolloongabba..........South Brisbane Cemetery.

QLD BDM
Henry James CHARTENS   marr. Dorothy Frances Lilian SATCHWELL
1921/B/28474     01/09/1921

Online Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 26 April 20 07:54 BST (UK) »
See Jamjar's previous posts with all the details.

In a nutshell, Emmeline's birth surname was BARLOW, her mother remarried to a JARROLD and she used that surname.  Emmeline herself married twice, firstly to MORRISON and secondly to SATCHWELL.  The birth of Emmeline's daughter, Emily Rosa Letitia MORRISON,  was registered in 1882 in country Queensland.  I cannot see a registration for Ivy so we don't know for certain who her parents were.

Debra  :)

Online Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 26 April 20 08:19 BST (UK) »
See Jamjar's previous posts with all the details.

In a nutshell, Emmeline's birth surname was BARLOW, her mother remarried to a JARROLD and she used that surname.  Emmeline herself married twice, firstly to MORRISON and secondly to SATCHWELL.  The birth of Emmeline's daughter, Emily Rosa Letitia MORRISON,  was registered in 1882 in country Queensland.  I cannot see a registration for Ivy so we don't know for certain who her parents were.

I can’t see Ivy’s birth either, but given she died MORRISON and her son was named Robert James MORRISON, and given that the court case and Williams death cert stated only 2 children, I think it is safe to say that she is either Robert’s daughter, or Emmeline had a relationship between Robert’ death and marriage to William.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 26 April 20 08:23 BST (UK) »
Ivy's birth was registered as Ivy Jarrola Morrison, mother Emily Martha Jarrola Morrison father not listed, in 1886 in QLD. (ref 1886/C/2023)

Robert died in 1882 so she must have been someone else's child - but perhaps told her father was Robert?

While the birth year is a year out, have you looked at the Leslie Jack Hagen born 2nd July 1903 to Florence Adelaide Hagen?
Florence appears to have moved to NSW and married in 1910:
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/143561869
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 26 April 20 08:28 BST (UK) »
Marriage  in 1881/C541 Morrison Robert James Aiken Jarrold Emmeline Martha

Robert died in 1892
Then  marriage in NSW

4025/1894 SATCHWELL WILLIAM C married MORRISON EMMELINE M  at GUNNEDAH

one child so far
3197/1895 SATCHWELL DOROTHY F L father WILLIAM C mother
EMELINE M at  GUNNEDAH

regards Jenn

Or, if this is actually correct.

I wonder if an error has been made when they updated the QLDBDM?

I’m leaning towards Leslie being an illegitimate son of one of the daughters, raised by grandparents.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Online Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 26 April 20 12:44 BST (UK) »
Ivy's birth was registered as Ivy Jarrola Morrison, mother Emily Martha Jarrola Morrison father not listed, in 1886 in QLD. (ref 1886/C/2023)

Thanks for that, I must have been having a 'boy's look'  ;D

Offline Warren Sharpe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 27 April 20 01:15 BST (UK) »
Good morning all.
Just to let you know that I am "opting out" of this discussion, because: I find this forum very confusing, and non- conducive to effective communication, but mainly, as I have satisfied my requirement: ""That there are no male descendants of Charles Satchwell and Margaret Healy, still living in Australia, who could provide mitochondrial DNA to assist in the investigation of Charles Satchwell's ancestry"".  Why! I hear you ask.  Five reasons:
1 Granny never lied,
2 Granny was never wrong
3. Granny was always right (she had left us some notes about WCS(2))
4 If Leslie was a step son, he would hot carry the genes we were looking for.
5 If he was actually a biological son (which I doubt) then he carried to genes to NZ, where I can't locate any children anyway.
I was doing this work to assist a gentleman in the UK, who asked me if I was confident that there were no male descendants,  after (stupidly) entering my mothers family tree into WikiTree, about 6 months ago  (to try to locate any distant cousins, on her side of my tree). I have now answered, Yes, I am confident that no male descendants exist in Australia!
However, I have spent the last three  months researching hundreds of Satchwell's  (and all it's derivities  - Shatswell, Satchwill and Satchell), that had emigrated to Oz (servitude and free) since
1788, to help him tie up some "loose ends" in his  ""Satchwell-One-Name"" project.  Very useful website if you are researching the Satchwell ancestry.  This has been very satisfying activity, in our current lock-down situation.
However, over the last 45 years, I have collected lots of data on the Satchwells, of NSW (from Charles and Margaret Healy, down),  so, if anyone is interested in communicating with me directly, by e-mail, you can get into WikiTree, locate my profile and send me a 'private e-mail' from there. I will guarantee a reply.

Happy hunting.

Warren

Online Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 27 April 20 03:23 BST (UK) »
’I find this forum very confusing, and non- conducive to effective communication’

??? ??? ???

;D ;D ;D

Jamjar

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 27 April 20 04:06 BST (UK) »
Good morning all.
Just to let you know that I am "opting out" of this discussion, because: I find this forum very confusing, and non- conducive to effective communication, but mainly, as I have satisfied my requirement: ""That there are no male descendants of Charles Satchwell and Margaret Healy, still living in Australia, who could provide mitochondrial DNA to assist in the investigation of Charles Satchwell's ancestry"".  Why! I hear you ask.  Five reasons:
1 Granny never lied,
2 Granny was never wrong
3. Granny was always right (she had left us some notes about WCS(2))
4 If Leslie was a step son, he would hot carry the genes we were looking for.
5 If he was actually a biological son (which I doubt) then he carried to genes to NZ, where I can't locate any children anyway.
I was doing this work to assist a gentleman in the UK, who asked me if I was confident that there were no male descendants,  after (stupidly) entering my mothers family tree into WikiTree, about 6 months ago  (to try to locate any distant cousins, on her side of my tree). I have now answered, Yes, I am confident that no male descendants exist in Australia!
However, I have spent the last three  months researching hundreds of Satchwell's  (and all it's derivities  - Shatswell, Satchwill and Satchell), that had emigrated to Oz (servitude and free) since
1788, to help him tie up some "loose ends" in his  ""Satchwell-One-Name"" project.  Very useful website if you are researching the Satchwell ancestry.  This has been very satisfying activity, in our current lock-down situation.
However, over the last 45 years, I have collected lots of data on the Satchwells, of NSW (from Charles and Margaret Healy, down),  so, if anyone is interested in communicating with me directly, by e-mail, you can get into WikiTree, locate my profile and send me a 'private e-mail' from there. I will guarantee a reply.

Happy hunting.

Warren

Good Afternoon,

Interestingly,  the NSW BDM online index has Margaret's surname as BERRY  (rather than Healy? ) when marrying Charles. 

Also, like most RChatters, my ancestors include two Grandmothers.  One of mine told my siblings and cousins the most wonderful stories about the Man in the Moon,  and the other Gran gave reliable info about her ancestors.   I am sure both told me about Santa, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny and the perils of telling lies.

I think you may need to let your gentleman friend in the UK involved in the search for living descendants know that RChatters seek out info on our deceased ancestors, and we don't research living people. 

Good Luck with your wiki tree.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.