Author Topic: Publican in 'Norwell'  (Read 12015 times)

Offline alunno-a

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Publican in 'Norwell'
« Reply #45 on: Friday 06 June 08 18:21 BST (UK) »
WOW!!
Brilliant result Jaywit, well done!!
Congrats Lee, I am really jealous, I wish my illegit had known his father (for my benefit, if not his!). i wonder if he was the father of the others....

keep in touch, Sally
WRY- Thompson,Cowburn,Walker, Glossop,
London- Chesney/Chesnut
all areas- Tuxworth
Lincs/ Notts- Graves, White, Wilson,Pedge,Tuxford, Bonner
Devon- Dean, Crode (also NFL) Coode, Tucker, Miles ( origin Hampshire)
Beds/Herts/ Northants- Newberry, Shepherd, Norton, Blackabey
Kent- Munn, Moore

Online jaywit

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I will find them wherever they are hiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Friday 06 June 08 18:41 BST (UK) »
Sally I think he was the father of the earlier ones ( There are more) but looking at the census he appeared to have moved on so................... I think Lee will have to do more digging if he wants to know the father's of all of them, mind you I could try and find all of the marriages, you never know they may all have spilled the beans ;D ;D ;D
Cross Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Jennings Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Steel Byfield Northants,  Rogers Northants,  Wheeler Oxon,  Roberts Oxon,  Bonham Oxon/ Middleton Cheney Northants,  Maycock Northants,  Abbott Northants , Newman Northants, Buckingham Bucks, Hart Warks, Newth Gloucs.

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sue 1950

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 08 March 09 21:29 GMT (UK) »
Where is Norwell please is it Gainsborough?
I have a lady who is on the census as being born there her name was Fanny Rawson bn c 1821 is anyone likely to be going to the library where this info would be saved I would like to know her parents and date of birth please.
Sue
Researching Dixon Dawson Wood Wilkinson Wackett from Lincolnshire (Caistor area) Ringrose Higgs Riddington Lord Burley from Leicester (Countesthorpe) Holmes Abbott Ringrose Motson from Beverley and Hull Leics. Fawcett Fenwick Hare Mareham Le Fen Revesby Horncastle Lincolnshire.

Offline Ebor337

• RootsChat Senior
  • The past is a foreign country, how can we go there
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Monday 09 March 09 07:29 GMT (UK) »
The Norwell pertaining to this thread is here: http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=norwell%2C+notts&countryCode=GB#map=53.14794,-0.8527|13|4&bd=useful_information&loc=GB:53.1467:-0.8527:13|norwell,%20notts|Norwell,%20Nottinghamshire

In Nottinghamshire, near to Newark.

Unfortunately I live in York so won't be able to help on this occasion. I wish you the very bst of luck though!!

Offline skewbald

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Monday 09 March 09 15:04 GMT (UK) »
Where is Norwell please is it Gainsborough?
I have a lady who is on the census as being born there her name was Fanny Rawson bn c 1821 is anyone likely to be going to the library where this info would be saved I would like to know her parents and date of birth please.
Sue

Look for 1841 census, Francis aged 9 daughter of Joseph and Ann Rawson of Norbury.

Skewy

Offline sue 1950

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Monday 09 March 09 15:30 GMT (UK) »
would that be her then i s Fanny short for Francis is Norbury near  Norwell Please
Sue
Researching Dixon Dawson Wood Wilkinson Wackett from Lincolnshire (Caistor area) Ringrose Higgs Riddington Lord Burley from Leicester (Countesthorpe) Holmes Abbott Ringrose Motson from Beverley and Hull Leics. Fawcett Fenwick Hare Mareham Le Fen Revesby Horncastle Lincolnshire.

Offline skewbald

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Monday 09 March 09 15:37 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, I meant Norwell, I've been doing Norbury as well.
Yes Francis is the proper name for Fanny.

Skewy