Author Topic: Coroners inquest-Spalding 1920-George James Pacey  (Read 3695 times)

Offline Trisha

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Coroners inquest-Spalding 1920-George James Pacey
« on: Wednesday 19 January 05 13:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
does anyone know where I can access, on the web ,the records(official or otherwise)to the above inquest in Spalding in 1920?
The obvious place to go is the local library but I simply can't get to the library
it's probably in(Spalding).
Many thanks,
Trisha :)
Nottinghamshire: Pacey Hoe Hubbard Taylor,Plumber,Ownsworth,Harvey
Lincolnshire: Pacey Ragsdell Trafford Skelton Norton Lincoln Chester Smith Gilbert Palmer Rawding Baggerley Pask Welch Wright Green Clarke Dawson Grey Johnson Burton Wright Scargall Day.
Bedfordshire: Timms Virgin Hallsworth Kirby Osborn Basset Nixson Harding Odell Clark Thompson.
Northamptonshire: Ragsdell Waller Coales Breem Peak Wallet. Drake.
Norfolk: Palmer Howard Harpely Codling Mark

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Coroners inquest-Spalding 1920-George James Pacey
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 January 05 14:41 GMT (UK) »
I think that you can be pretty sure that these won't be on the web.  I would think that an enquiry to Lincolnshire Archives may tell you what is available and where they are located:

http://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/section.asp?catId=2053

I am not sure but the records (if any) may be closed for 100 years.  All is not lost, however, as inquest reports were often reported in local newpapers.

If you have an exact date of death, it may well be worth your while contacting the main local library for the area to see if they could look up the local newspaper(s) for you.  I am not sure if they charge for short look-ups so it may well be worth your while to contact them.

Best wishes

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Trisha

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Coroners inquest-Spalding 1920-George James Pacey
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 January 05 14:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Casalguidi,
many thanks for the help.I'm certainly going to try what you suggest.
Trisha
Nottinghamshire: Pacey Hoe Hubbard Taylor,Plumber,Ownsworth,Harvey
Lincolnshire: Pacey Ragsdell Trafford Skelton Norton Lincoln Chester Smith Gilbert Palmer Rawding Baggerley Pask Welch Wright Green Clarke Dawson Grey Johnson Burton Wright Scargall Day.
Bedfordshire: Timms Virgin Hallsworth Kirby Osborn Basset Nixson Harding Odell Clark Thompson.
Northamptonshire: Ragsdell Waller Coales Breem Peak Wallet. Drake.
Norfolk: Palmer Howard Harpely Codling Mark