Author Topic: No cause of death given on Consular Certificates of those who died abroad.  (Read 2266 times)

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The grass covers and the rain effaces. Victor Hugo
    • View Profile
No cause of death given on Consular Certificates of those who died abroad.
« on: Wednesday 19 January 05 13:39 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, but I seem to be full of questions at the moment... But one that I have had unanswered on other websites is the matter of why "cause of death" does not appear on a Consulate "Entry of Death", registered 31-12-1903 at Orotava, Tenerife.
The fields: "When and Where Died"; "Name and Surname" of deceased; "Sex"; "Age"; "Rank or Profession"; "Residence at time of Death";
"Signature, Description and Residence of Informant"; "When Registered"; "Signature of Consular Official" - these are all on the form, but nowhere a section to enter details of cause of death.
I find this strange on a certificate of death - he died on 06-11-1903, so there was a gap of 55 days between his decease and its report.
He in fact died of TB, as did his father and brother; all died on Tenerife, and apparently neither of the other two certifciates carry "cause of death".
Is this normal, and has anyone else come across this inexplicable omission in their own researches of relatives who died abroad and whose deaths are recorded in those Consular Deaths Overseas at the FRC.
Keith