Author Topic: KILGALLON @ Gore Booth residence  (Read 16083 times)

Offline Tu2Tu

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: KILGALLON @ Gore Booth residence
« Reply #18 on: Monday 31 August 09 00:18 BST (UK) »
Hi SligoDub, can you send me a PM please as we have a common relative I believe.  Your PM is maxed out.  Many thanks.
Scotland:  Browne, Glancey, McGuire, Mitchell
Ireland:    Bruen, Bushell, Cunnane, Devaney, Ffrench, Gallacher, Glancey, Hart,
                 Hughes, Kilgallon, Mahon, Meechan, Moore, Moran, McGowan,
                 Reddy, O'Conor, O'Hara, Crean-Lynch, Plunkett
England:   Browne, Devaney, Glancey, Crean-Lynch, Kilgallon
USA:         Devaney, McGowan, Bruen, Kilgallon, Hart
Australia:  O'Hara, Browne

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 31 August 09 00:25 BST (UK) »
Hi SligoDub, can you send me a PM please as we have a common relative I believe.  Your PM is maxed out.  Many thanks.
New members need to make 3 posts before using PM system- SligoDub only has 1 post so far.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 11 September 09 12:31 BST (UK) »
Hello SligoDub,

Are you able to tell me where Thomas KILGALLON is buried and what was the name of his wife?
Cheers
Yonks Ago
Kilgallon Langdon Nicol Bolger Smith Carlisle Thomas Delahide Blackman Harley Amphlett Scarbourgh Murrish Oats Tonkin Aveyard Armitage Child Fox Bland Gomersal Mountain Gelder Harrison Armstrong Laws Steel Main Lambert Law Laws Christie Kirk Bell Black Amphlett Barclay Harley Dewar Rodger Fortune McCann Nealis Sutherland Rumgay

Offline SligoDub

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 11 September 09 19:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Tu 2 Tu, Yonks Ago, very busy at the moment so do excuse delays. Unfortunately I know nothing about his siblings or parents, only his offspring,  that is what I am going to try checking out in the next few months when time permits. Here's what I know at the moment. Born in Rosses Point. Died in January 1941 in his late 80's or early 90s, so born around 1851. Went to work for Sir Henry Gore Booth when a young lad, (his father may have previously worked for Sir Robert). Worked there all his life until retiring in 1930's.  Married (Margaret?) Drury from Dunowney. Had three children Augusta, Kathleen (my grandmother) and one male son, I think named Thomas as well. Son and wife died at young ages. Augusta never married, my grandmother married Owen Leonard in Grange. In his retirement lived with my grandmother in Wolfe Tone St and died in January 1941. Buried in Sligo cemetery. Yonks ago,about your query, he is the first to be buried in that grave because I have the grave receipt where my father purchased it in 1941. He, his two daughters, my aunt and my parents are buried there so that won't tell you anything about his ancestory. He has to be born in Rosses Point around 1850. Is the local PP amenable to searching his records.  Let me know if you come up with any leads. I won't be able to search properly until late October.

Offline Tu2Tu

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 04 August 10 10:51 BST (UK) »
Hi SligoDub,

Did you get any opportunity to search more on Thomas?

Would love to hear if you did

Tu
Scotland:  Browne, Glancey, McGuire, Mitchell
Ireland:    Bruen, Bushell, Cunnane, Devaney, Ffrench, Gallacher, Glancey, Hart,
                 Hughes, Kilgallon, Mahon, Meechan, Moore, Moran, McGowan,
                 Reddy, O'Conor, O'Hara, Crean-Lynch, Plunkett
England:   Browne, Devaney, Glancey, Crean-Lynch, Kilgallon
USA:         Devaney, McGowan, Bruen, Kilgallon, Hart
Australia:  O'Hara, Browne

Offline SligoDub

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 11 July 18 21:18 BST (UK) »
There were other Kilgallons living in the village at that time too who may have been related but there is no evidence to suggest so at this stage, they are:

Andreas Kilgallon m. Brigida Feeney -  9 children that I know of between 1848 - 1874
Jacobus Kilgallon m. Catherina Gillan - 3 children that i know of between 1845 - 1852
Andrew Kilgallin m.Eleanora Bruen -    4 children that I know of between 1874 & 1879

Hi Tu2Tu,

After a long absence only getting around to my great-grandfather's parents at this stage. I know that James Kilgallon was the father of Thomas as this is shown on his marriage cert to Isabella Drury. You mentioned a James married to Catherine Gilla(e)n, in Rosses Point who had three children that you know of born between 1845 and 1852. Would you happen to have the names of these 3. There was definitely a connection between Thomas and Rosses Point.

Cheers,

SligoDub

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 11 July 18 21:45 BST (UK) »
C Reg  Birth, Marriage and Death results for Kilgallon of Sligo  http://www.rootschat.com/links/01mcg/

https://registers.nli.ie/parishes/0550  start too late
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline SligoDub

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 12 July 18 00:50 BST (UK) »

Thanks for the tips hallmark, but have tried both sites without much luck.

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 12 July 18 09:39 BST (UK) »
Hello all,

Any of you that have KILGALLON blood done a DNA test and if so who with it would be great to know if you have, I have done mine [ Wendy KILGALLON ] with ancestry and ftdna..
Yonks
Kilgallon Langdon Nicol Bolger Smith Carlisle Thomas Delahide Blackman Harley Amphlett Scarbourgh Murrish Oats Tonkin Aveyard Armitage Child Fox Bland Gomersal Mountain Gelder Harrison Armstrong Laws Steel Main Lambert Law Laws Christie Kirk Bell Black Amphlett Barclay Harley Dewar Rodger Fortune McCann Nealis Sutherland Rumgay