Author Topic: Mossman birth Kingston c. 1859  (Read 19703 times)

Offline Abby

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mossman birth Kingston c. 1859
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 12 October 08 00:09 BST (UK) »
Thanks 777 - I'll do a search for it and see if I can get hold of a copy.  Really special to be your first call to Rootschat, although I've a hunch it will be just the beginning for you - such a wonderful site to be a part of - a team with such helpful, thoughtful and generous members.

Thanks too Aghadowey - so many apologies for taking sooo long to reply to you - I've been somewhat snowed under with lots of other things for a while, so its exciting to be back 'in the seat'.  It looks as though this Dilworth family were out of Donaghmore, County Tyrone and some of them apparently moved to Portadown, County Armagh around the time of the potato famine.  I'm afraid I have lots to learn about Irish genealogy, so I will store your information with care - I can't as yet see how it fits directly but I know how these gems can prove to be invaluable, so thanks heaps.

Special thanks J.J. - I have yet to get Eleanor's birth certificate, so your information on her birth details will be invaluable - it looks very likely!

What at team!
Thanks again to all,
Abby
Jones - Shropshire & Wales; Green - Warwickshire; Evans & Smith - Bedminster; Joll - Calstock, Cornwall; Harrison; Treliving - Cornwall; Matthews, Bell, Marks - UK; Watt - Edinburgh; Mossman - Canada; Lange & Balck/Balch/Balk - Germany.
All to New Zealand

Offline 777

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 17 October 08 06:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Abby,

www.GenesReunited.co.uk also has genealogists tracing the Mossman family.

All these sites are great for contacts. I grew up in Gisborne so know most if not all the Mossmans there, and there were many of them.
Roberts, McIntosh, Steggall, Arnaboldi, Debus, McKenzie,Waugh, Kennedy ,Bassett, Cook, Graham

Offline shazmos

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 29 November 08 20:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi my surname is Mossman and I live in Northern Ireland. I came across your post. I am not sure what you are trying to find out but the Thomas Mossman that went to New Zealand is a relation of mine and I was brougt up near where he lived. The remains of his house stood up until a few years ago. I have been to New Zealand to meet his relatives and then have been over here. He also served in the police and we have his police baton. I have a copy of his obituary somewhere which gives his history.  If you want to contact me my e mail is ** email address has been removed to prevent spam and other possible abuse. Please use the secure PM system to exchange personal information.as I do not be on this site!   

Offline shazmos

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 29 November 08 20:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi my surname is Mossman and I live in Northern Ireland. I came across your post. I am not sure what you are trying to find out but the Thomas Mossman that went to New Zealand is a relation of mine and I was brougt up near where he lived. The remains of his house stood up until a few years ago. I have been to New Zealand to meet his relatives and then have been over here. He also served in the police and we have his police baton. I have a copy of his obituary somewhere which gives his history.  If you want to contact me my e mail is ** email address has been removed to prevent spam and other possible abuse. Please use the secure PM system to exchange personal information.
as I do not be on this site!  

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 29 November 08 22:27 GMT (UK) »
welcome to rootschat shazmos....you belong on the site now that you've joined in  ;D J.J.

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.dilworth/49.2/mb.ashx
perhaps another publication on parents of James

http://muse.aucklandmuseum.com/databases/Muscat/37439.detail
Item # 7 - Copy of a notice of sale regarding the sale of Thomas Hall's farm 'Mount Prospect', located in the Parish of Aghalee, County Antrim, and containing 67 acres of land held by lease under the Marquis of Hertford, dated 25 November 1843. (holograph; 2 leaves)
Item #  8 -- Application from John Hall, Auckland, to the Colonial Secretary, dated 6 December 1847, for an (Intermediate) or Second Cabin Passage from Great Britain to Auckland, New Zealand, for his family, currently residing at Lake View, near Antrim, Ireland. (holograph; 1 leaf)
Item # 9 -- Testimonial from the parish priest of Aghalee in the diocese of Dromore, County Antrim, Ireland, dated 16 August 1841, regarding John Hall. (holograph; 1 leaf, folded; 2 written sides)
Item # 12 - Farewell letter from Isabella Hall to her sons [John and Richard Hall]. (holograph; 1 leaf, folded; 4 written sides)
Item # 13 - Indenture of apprenticeship by which John Hall, son of Thomas Hall, consents to be apprenticed to the woollen, linen, silk and haberdashery business for a period of four years,

Folder 2:
Item #  1 -- Softcover volume (22 cm) containing the family trees of the Young, Runciman, Martyn, Buttle, McNicol and Hall families compiled by A.M. [Arthur Meredith] Leslie Armstrong in October, 1958, from the 'Baby Book' and other records kept by Aunt Margaret [Runciman]. (12 leaves)
death notice for Isabella (Hall) Dilworth & perhaps siblings:
Items #8-13  -Hall, Baird and Dilworth family death notices and obituaries: (1) Obituary for Sarah Baird, 1911, (2) Obituary and death notice for Robert Hall, 1920, (3) Obituary and death notice for Thomas Henry Hall, 1911, (4) Obituary and death notice for John Hall, 1909, and (5) Obituary and death notice for Isabella Dilworth, wife of James Dilworth, 1910.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 29 November 08 22:35 GMT (UK) »
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~shamere/MARRIAGES4.html
[NZ'er 16th July 1853] - On Tuesday 12th July, at the residence of the bride's brother, Otahuhu, by the Rev. Thomas Buddle, Mr JAMES DILWORTH, of Remuera, to ISABELLA, second daughter of the late Thomas Hall Esq., of Mount Prospect, County Down Ireland.

The IGI has a submission...for siblings being:
Thomas Henry Hall  c 1821 Aghalee, Antrim, Ireland
John Hall , c 1823
William Hall  c 1825
Edward Hall  c 1827
Isabel or Isabella Hall  c 1829

has parents as:    
Thomas Richard Hall & Isabella Stephenson

There are actual extracted files for birth & christening of Robert & christening of Edward Anna, & John....
to a Thos HALL & Isabella ...but no extracted file for Isabelle
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Offline shazmos

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 01 December 08 21:43 GMT (UK) »
hi thanks for the information esp the aukland museum and the mossmans. what is your connection to the mossmans and dolworths?!

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 01 December 08 22:09 GMT (UK) »
No connection...just am on the immigration to Canada site.... ;D J.J.

Offline Mike Mossman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 17 May 15 11:31 BST (UK) »
I'm Pynsons grandson.  Thomas was one of his two other brothers.  Yes to Gisborne and breeding like rabbits, there are tons of us!  Try this link: http://www.militarian.com/threads/mossman-brothers-new-zealand.8230/