Author Topic: Help with Marriage look up Please  (Read 9899 times)

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Marriage look up Please
« Reply #9 on: Monday 26 May 08 12:33 BST (UK) »
For the birth certificate I meant the older brother William Andrew.

The censuses are government records. The originals are held at The National Archives. All government archives are indexed under the department that created them.
HO = Home Office. The 1841 and 1851 censuses were the repsonsibility of the Home Office.
RG = Registrar General. The 1861-1901 and as far as I know the 1911 census were the responsibility of the Registrar General.

Up to 1911 the household schedules have been destroyed and only the census enumerators' books have been kept. The census enumerators copied all the household schedule entries into their books. This copying didn't happen from 1911 onwards.

Each book has a number e.g. 2074, a folio number stamped in the right hand corner of every other page, and a page number.

Regards

Valda
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 26 May 08 13:02 BST (UK) »
What details do the New Zealand marriage and death certificates for George Henry give about his parents? Did his father and brother come to New Zealand with him?

Regards

Valda

Offline tadpolenz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 26 May 08 13:18 BST (UK) »
 Hi  Valda What a lot of info. And work you have done. In some paper work some where about 3 years ago I found in the census a Joseph and a Ester  but was not sure. now that you have found it well have to have an other look
Thank you so much for your work.
Time for bed it is 12.10am here I well have a look in the morning
Once again thank you
Cheers Tad

Hi  He came on his own  as crew on a ship and when he got here he jumped ship
 On his birth record it had born in England age 23 but was 25 father Andrew Perry Bricklayer Mother Anne Perry Nee Booth   And she made her mark as an X  when did the paper work for the birth records
Cheers Tad
Andersen &  Anderson  Perry & Parry  Dickason  Westropp Smyth  Waldie  Walker  Davies  Odell   Holman

Offline tadpolenz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 27 May 08 11:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Valda  Thank you again for your hard work.
I have been looking off and on all day with the site you gave me for the marriage of Andrew and Anne.
Could the record be lost or to hard for researchers to read. I may have to give up on finding there marriage record.
 With William he was 4 in the 1871 censuses so that would make him born 1867 or should  I not worry about that  as alot of the other dates are wrong to.
  I think you have the right ones for Joseph and Ester. I did the 14 day trail about 3 years ago with Ancestry.com and found  Joseph and Ester Parra in the 41 census in Kingswinford but was not sure. I think you have it right.
Cheers Tad   

Andersen &  Anderson  Perry & Parry  Dickason  Westropp Smyth  Waldie  Walker  Davies  Odell   Holman

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 28 May 08 08:07 BST (UK) »
Tad

There are no William Parry birth registerations in the whole of County Durham and two William Perrys

Births Sep 1865 
Perry  William Andrew    Darlington  10a 24 

Births Sep 1866 
Perry  William     Durham  10a 288

I'm taking this from FreeBMD which claims 100% coverage of the GRO for this period.

http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/progressB.shtml

http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl

If it is William Andrew then he should have been 5 on the census not 4 (birth later in the year after census night). Census ages are not an exact science. People were not so exact or circumscribed by documentation as they are today.
There is no death registration for a William Andrew before 1871 or a William in County Durham.

I cannot find William after the potential entry of 1881 which was why I asked whether the family had emigrated. I can't find Andrew either on the 1891 census but wonder if this is his death registration and if so who registered the death?

Deaths Jun 1898   
PERRY  Andrew  72  Stoke On Trent  6b 140

Do you have Joseph Parry/Perry death registration?

Not everyone got married (for various reasons but one is because they had married and their marriage had failed) or if they did, not everyone got married in the names you quite expect particularly if they were illegitimate or mispelt their names. Not everyone got married before the birth of their first children and the GRO index is also a flawed index.

http://www.hertfordshire-genealogy.co.uk/data/books/books-0/book0023-errors.htm

All of which is the reason I suggested the other brother's birth certificate which may give identical information to George's or may give something different.

Have you found any potential candidates for 'Ann Booth' on the 1851 census?

Regards

Valda

Offline tadpolenz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 28 May 08 10:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Valda  No I don't have anything for Joseph just what I got out of the censuses 3 years age . But was not 100% sure if that was Andrew Father and Mother.  I think Andrew and Anne may not have got married as all the other family trees I have done they have been a bit hard at the start . But once you got a birth record I have been on the way. I have been lucky and have no trouble.
I well send off for the William born 1866 Tomorrow as I think this may be the better one out of the 2 and I well have a look at the death of Andrew. Is Stoke On Trent near where he lived in the 1881 census.
 Anne Booth I have tried  Hard there to about 3 years ago. But found that hard to  as there where so many Anne booths. I looked in Hospitals in the name Booth and Perry Parry to see if she was sick or had died and in census in these names. there was a lot and then where they married or was that the single name. That is also why I was looking for marriage record to see who her Mum and Dad where
 I put this side of the family tree a side  My mum was happy to found out who and where her Grandfather came from and who his mother and father where.She had about 23 year that new him before he died.
My Mum Died just over 2 weeks ago on Mothers Day. So this is why I'm back doing my Mum Family tree.
Thank you for your help as I was lost and needed help 

Cheers Tad

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 28 May 08 17:47 BST (UK) »
On the 1871 census he is definitely recorded as William A aged 4 born Darlington not Durham, so Durham would not be the correct registration district. Andrew is not a particularly common combination with Perry or Parry.

You can put all these places into Google maps to see how they relate

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4HPEA_en-GBGB236GB236&tab=wl

If you look up a birth, marriage or death in FreeBMD and then click on the registration district it will give you the information for which areas come under which registration district.

e.g.

Births Sep 1865   
Perry  William Andrew    Darlington  10a 24

http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/darlington.html

Regards

Valda

Offline tadpolenz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 29 May 08 10:06 BST (UK) »
 Hi Valda  :) I have sent off for the one in Darlington 10a 24
 and one other  my mothers  mothers Grandfather and Grandmother . George Holman and wife Sophia Reddy marriage 1855 so they well be about 10-14 Day. I hope Williams well give us what we wont.
Thank you for your help  :)
Cheers Tad

Offline tadpolenz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 02 June 08 02:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Valda  I have sent for birth record for William 10a 24
And  I  HOPE I have the right one for Ann Perry Death. If it is not right it doesn't matter. Ann Age 34  At Leek  1879  6b 199 . I can't get the census as I'm not with any of the ones that you have to pay for. I well have to look at doing that.  The other one I sent for is Andrew's Death the one you found Stoke On Trent. It looked good to me so have given that a go. 6b 140  1898
They well be sent out on the 5 June so I well have them on about 12 June
 Cheers Tad