Author Topic: edwin pritchard abergavenny  (Read 1674 times)

Offline pritchard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
edwin pritchard abergavenny
« on: Monday 26 May 08 16:42 BST (UK) »
Still trying to obtain death cert.for edwin pritchard.Born Dec.1864.Grave stone shows he died 7th? Dec 1938.No trace of the death being registered  in Abergavenny or momouthshire............can anyone help.please

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: edwin pritchard abergavenny
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 May 08 18:10 BST (UK) »
The only Edwin Pritchard who is registered Dec Q, 1938 is  Medway, 2a, page 1050. He was 74 which makes him b. 1854.

This was a full GRO index search.

Is there any reason that he might have gone to Kent and the person who registered the death added 10 years?

Have you tried the local Register Office - he might have been missed off the national one. It's not uncommon.

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline pritchard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 26 May 08 19:46 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for your reply.I have tried the local registery but no luck.I do know he was a railway guard so it is possible he was in Kent but the 10years discrepancy in the birth year makes me wonder if it is him.   As its the only one shown I will send for the death cert.and see if its the Edwin I want.
Thanks again

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 26 May 08 20:06 BST (UK) »
Good luck. Ancestors crop up in the most unusual places  :-\

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Appleby Hall

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 15 February 20 13:55 GMT (UK) »
Hello, Realise you may have found the information you were looking for by now, but just in case you were still wondering, Edwin Pritchard died in Rochester, Kent while on holiday with his wife. He was buried in Kent but his wife (my Great Grandmother) couldn’t settle and had his body exhumed and reburied near their home in Abergavenny. Hope this helps. Always found it a very touching story. She must have loved him very much. 

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 15 February 20 16:02 GMT (UK) »
Welcome, Appleby  :)

That explains so much. The death ref was correct after all. I hope pritchard sees your post.

Gadget

Offline Appleby Hall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 15 February 20 23:33 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, Gadget! So do I.  :)

Offline pritchard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 16 February 20 10:33 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the information.
I was able, after a considerable time, to get Edwin's death certificate and found out he had died at 19 Kings Avenue on the 7th Dec.1938.I wasn't aware,however, that he was exhumed before being buried at Llantillio Pertholy Church as I am unable to find a record although his name is on the headstone with others of his family {William,Sarah,Edwin,Mary Hanah and their daughter Hilda.It was also of interest that he married Mary at St Michaels Church Abergavenny which is a Roman Catholic church even though her background suggests she was a Baptist.

Hugh

Offline Appleby Hall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 16 February 20 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Hugh, Thanks for your reply. I am going to see if I can find out more information and will get back to you. My Grandmother Dora was Reg’s sister. I believe you are in contact with my mother, Elizabeth. Best wishes, Emma