Author Topic: TAGGART/HANNA/  (Read 69126 times)

Offline Taggart 009

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: TAGGART/HANNA/
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 02 February 06 02:34 GMT (UK) »
Steve, have taken your advice and am sitting here with a glass of wine! Deep breath - here goes.
I can tell you that the following information is all correct.
So I need to go back from there I guess. right?
Val.

JOSEPH2 TAGGART (ANDREW1) was born January 08, 1833 in Legoniel. Belfast. Northern Ireland..  He married MARY ANNE MCBRIDE October 01, 1858 in 2nd Donegore Presbytarian Church., daughter of JAMES MCBRIDE.

Marriage Notes for JOSEPH TAGGART and MARY MCBRIDE:
Tobernagill is a townland (ancient Irish division of land still in use today) in Co. Antrim, on the slopes of Donegore Hill which lies 10 miles norht of Belfast.

Child of JOSEPH TAGGART and MARY MCBRIDE is:
3.   i.   JOSEPH3 TAGGART, b. June 20, 1870, Legoniel. Ballysillan.Belfast. Northern Ireland.; d. May 31, 1957, 11 Tullybrannigan Rd. Newcastle. Co. Down. N. Ireland..

Generation No. 3

3.  JOSEPH3 TAGGART (JOSEPH2, ANDREW1) was born June 20, 1870 in Legoniel. Ballysillan.Belfast. Northern Ireland., and died May 31, 1957 in 11 Tullybrannigan Rd. Newcastle. Co. Down. N. Ireland..  He married ANNA MABEL HANNA March 27, 1896 in Cliftonville Pres. Church., daughter of WILLIAM HANNA and NANCY MCDOWELL.  She was born in Randalstown. Co. Antrim, and died January 08, 1956 in 11 Tullybrannigan Rd. Newcastle. Co. Down. N. Ireland..

Children of JOSEPH TAGGART and ANNA HANNA are:
4.   i.   EILEEN (EVELYN)4 TAGGART, b. October 05, 1896, legoniel. Belfast. Northern Ireland.; d. May 14, 1980, Royal Victoria Hosp. Belfast..
5.   ii.   JOSEPH TAGGART, b. May 16, 1899, Delhi Terrace, Ballysillan. Belfast. Northern Ireland.; d. March 01, 1979, Nursing Home, Whiteabbey, Co. Antrim. Northern Ireland..
   iii.   REGINALD WILLIAM TAGGART, b. April 07, 1901, Legoniel. Belfast. Northern Ireland.; d. September 15, 1947, Ballygally rd. Norfthern Ireland..
6.   iv.   CLARENCE IVOR TAGGART, b. March 10, 1905, Legoniel. Belfast. Northern Ireland.; d. January 15, 1982, Alexian Brothers Nursing HOme. Warrenpoint..
7.   v.   HERBERT ANDREW TAGGART, b. November 16, 1907, Legoniel. Belfast. Northern Ireland.; d. December 30, 1983, Purdysburn Hosp. Saintfield Rd. Belfast..
   vi.   VINCENT TAGGART.

Generation No. 4

4.  EILEEN (EVELYN)4 TAGGART (JOSEPH3, JOSEPH2, ANDREW1) was born October 05, 1896 in legoniel. Belfast. Northern Ireland., and died May 14, 1980 in Royal Victoria Hosp. Belfast..  She married THOMAS JOHNSTON JONES in England we think.

Child of EILEEN TAGGART and THOMAS JONES is:
   i.   HEATHER MARGARET5 JONES, d. June 06, 1997; m. ROBERT CRAWFORD, 1940.

STEVE   -    THIS IS MY FATHER

5.  JOSEPH4 TAGGART (JOSEPH3, JOSEPH2, ANDREW1) was born May 16, 1899 in Delhi Terrace, Ballysillan. Belfast. Northern Ireland., and died March 01, 1979 in Nursing Home, Whiteabbey, Co. Antrim. Northern Ireland..  He married VIOLET MAWHINNEY December 25, 1926 in Loughmorne Church, Carrickfergus. Co. Antrim., daughter of JAMES MAWHINNEY and MARGARET DICKSON.  She was born January 08, 1906 in Whiteabbey, Co. Antrim Northern Ireland., and died October 22, 1975 in 29 Lismoyne Park, North Circular Rd, Belfast. Northern Ireland..
TAGGART/ HANNA  Donegore and Belfast Co. Antrim.
MAWHINNEY Co. Armagh and Whiteabbey.Co. Antrim
GALLOWAY, Co. Armagh.
DICKSON Co. Down.

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 02 February 06 17:28 GMT (UK) »
Right Val

Start with Anna Hanna do you just have her wedding cert and not her birth...if so...then who were the witnesses at the marriage...because might give us a clue.

Are you sure her name was Anna not Hanna or Ann etc because my family seem to be one name on their birth and another on their marriage(adds to the fun).

There seems to be about 400 William Hanna's in Antrim alone....so this is going to take time.

Do you know where they are buried...............(pause for quick sip of the wine) if you do there might be more names written on the gravestones.

Ok ...just a bit to be going on with........ ;)

Steve
<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: TAGGART/HANNA (Hanna family)
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 02 February 06 17:35 GMT (UK) »
Hei there Steve,

I am not on the wine but I am lost already. :-\ I thought I was safe enough on Orange and crisps. Where is the Taggart thread please? ??? This appears to be the Hanna thread. I have marked this one so that I do not get totally lost.  :D

Look I really am totally lost now ??? The usual genealogical practice is to start with your self, then your Mum and Dad and their lines. OK. OK I see where we are...Granny Anna Taggart (nee Hanna). Oh dear Steve. Why pick Granny Anna's line? 400 William Hanna's is a sight worse than 98 Andrew Taggarts.

This site will interest you as it mentions the late Judge G. B. Hanna of Belfast and my late Godmother's husband D. O'D Hanna, a Belfast architect who lived in Holywood, Co. Down. http://www.clanhannay.us/society.html

Uncle Chris

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 02 February 06 18:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Uncle Chris

Think this is both Taggart and hanna families at the mo....

Val will find her feet and split her family up when she gets the time or someone shows her how to............

or maybe she wants to keep all her family together........

Steve
<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Christopher

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 02 February 06 18:24 GMT (UK) »
Cheers Steve,

I am adding a bit to my earlier message at the moment. Look out for it as these Hanna's are really confusing. I have a friend originally from Bangor, Co. Down, living in Cheshire nowdays, whose maiden name was Hanna. Her father was approached prior to the first Council Meeting of Clan Hanna / Hannah / Hannay Society. Already I have got a  gut feeling we will have some fun and games researching this name. There are eight columns of the surname Hanna in The Phone Book for Northern Ireland 2003. I hope my recently adopted sister, Val Poole, finds her feet soon. She has me staggering about all over the place (well surfing the net etc). She does not know what she has started here. She must be a recently adopted relative of yours for openers  8)

I searched http://www.proni.gov.uk/ulstercovenantsearch/index.asp and discovered one Anna, three Hannahs, two Herberts (one from the Cavehill Road, Belfast), and eighty William Hanna's signed the Ulster Covenant in 1912. 

Here is a recent Vincent. The only common denominator here is probably the name Vincent.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Hanna

All the Best, Uncle Chris

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 02 February 06 18:44 GMT (UK) »
  Can not wait till Val starts on the McDowells McBrides Mawhinneys etc etc........... ;D

STEVE

Offline Christopher

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 02 February 06 18:47 GMT (UK) »
Steve,

That is only the M's. I am beginning to wonder if there is anyone in the north of Ireland who is not, in one way or another, related to Val. How long will this search take do you think  ???

Val, I have been wondering why Clarence was in the Alexian Brothers Nursing Home at Warrenpoint when he died. http://www.alexianbrothers.org
Did he retire to that part of the world?

I have spotted some interesting details about G. B. Hanna. www.election.demon.co.uk/stormont/counties.html He retired from an interesting political career when he became a County Court Judge in 1933. www.election.demon.co.uk/stormont/antrim.html

George B. Hanna, QC., MP came back into politics and was  Minister of Home Affairs in the Northern Ireland Parliament at Stormont in 1956. Here in the second site you will find a small portion of one of his speeches at Stormont - www.cain.ulst.ac.uk/othelem/docs/nigov56.htm www.cain.ulst.ac.uk/csc/reports/bryjar98.htm

Uncle Chris

Offline Taggart 009

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 02 February 06 20:14 GMT (UK) »
You lot have me  ;D like crazy here.
ok I am going to try and work out how to do this sewing or threads (whatever you call it    ???)
Hope I don't mess things up but I am sure my new relations will keep me straight.
By the way, I do remember that on the Hanna side of things, my father used to refer to a famous, or more probably notorious Judge Hanna who was related to Anna Mable Hanna my grandmother.
GALLOWAY, Co. Armagh.
DICKSON Co. Down.

Offline Taggart 009

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 03 February 06 21:21 GMT (UK) »
Cheers Steve,

I am adding a bit to my earlier message at the moment. Look out for it as these Hanna's are really confusing. I have a friend originally from Bangor, Co. Down, living in Cheshire nowdays, whose maiden name was Hanna. Her father was approached prior to the first Council Meeting of Clan Hanna / Hannah / Hannay Society. Already I have got a  gut feeling we will have some fun and games researching this name. There are eight columns of the surname Hanna in The Phone Book for Northern Ireland 2003. I hope my recently adopted sister, Val Poole, finds her feet soon. She has me staggering about all over the place (well surfing the net etc). She does not know what she has started here. She must be a recently adopted relative of yours for openers  8)

I searched http://www.proni.gov.uk/ulstercovenantsearch/index.asp and discovered one Anna, three Hannahs, two Herberts (one from the Cavehill Road, Belfast), and eighty William Hanna's signed the Ulster Covenant in 1912. 

Here is a recent Vincent. The only common denominator here is probably the name Vincent.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Hanna

All the Best, Uncle Chris
think I am beginning to catch on here with this board.;

re the Vincent. I have always wondered where that nane poppedf up. this child Vincent (My Dads brother) sadly only lived for 4 months. But I too was wondering after who he might  have been named.
GALLOWAY, Co. Armagh.
DICKSON Co. Down.