Author Topic: TAGGART/HANNA/  (Read 69005 times)

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: TAGGART/HANNA/
« Reply #36 on: Monday 13 February 06 15:18 GMT (UK) »
Val,

I have a box of floppy disks containing quite a lot of information that I accumulated a few years ago. I have been looking at a lengthy list of Alexanders and did a "Find" for Donegore. There are assorted Alexanders connected with families bearing the following surnames in that area - Caldwell, Ferguson, Fulton, Hunter, McAuley.

I am now in two minds - should I regret that a Taggart did not appear or heave a sigh of relief. ??? 

The late Judge G. B. Hanna - George Boyle Hanna married Sonia Mack of Lisburn, Co. Antrim in 1903. Here is more information on G. B. Hanna - his daughter Sophia Mary Hanna married Sir Robert McIlwaine. www.ulsterscotsagency.com/UlsterScotJan06no5.asp

Best Wishes, Chris

Offline Taggart 009

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 13 February 06 20:28 GMT (UK) »
Steve its taken me some time but earlier you asked if I had any information who witnessed Ann Mable's marriage to Joseph taggart. Here is what is written on the certificate

Joseph Taggart and Anna Mabel Hanna MARRIED 27 th March 1896 at Cliftonville church in the Parish of Shankill. Co Antrim.
witnesses were R.K. Livingstone and Margaret Creeman.

Did this help you. Val.

TAGGART/ HANNA  Donegore and Belfast Co. Antrim.
MAWHINNEY Co. Armagh and Whiteabbey.Co. Antrim
GALLOWAY, Co. Armagh.
DICKSON Co. Down.

Offline Christopher

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 14 February 06 11:56 GMT (UK) »
Steve its taken me some time but earlier you asked if I had any information who witnessed Ann Mable's marriage to Joseph taggart. Here is what is written on the certificate

Joseph Taggart and Anna Mabel Hanna MARRIED 27 th March 1896 at Cliftonville church in the Parish of Shankill. Co Antrim.
witnesses were R.K. Livingstone and Margaret Creeman.

Did this help you. Val.

Hello Val,

Joseph Taggart and Anna (nee Hanna) had six children. All but Vincent appear to have been researched in that you mention the birth date and date of death of each of them except poor old Vincent who lived for only four months. No information appears beside his name. I feel this child of Joseph and Anna deserves a little bit of consideration so show a website giving the meaning of the name Vincent. I have nothing on which to base my feelings but think Vincent is an unusual name to be given to the child of a Presbyterian family. www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Vincent

All the Best,

Christopher

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 14 February 06 16:50 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Val,

It is always along shot with witnesses but might throw up some leads....it has helped me in the past that way........
As for catching on Val.......we all try to help each other...slow but sure ...brick by brick.

I agree with Uncle Chris about Vincent.....

STeve
<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Christopher

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 14 February 06 17:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi there Steve,

Uncle Chris here, great minds must think alike or it runs in the family however distant the relationship. I too have been thinking about this family this afternoon.

Joseph Taggart was born 1833 therefore his father Andrew was born around 1808. This means Andrew's father was born about 1783. This piece of information may not appear to make life much easier but there is a chance that Joseph named one of his sons after his grandfather. I do not know about you Steve but I have a gut feeling about baby Vincent. I feel that whilst he only lived four months he may well play a fairly large role in helping us solve the riddle of the Taggart family.

All the Best, Chris

Offline Taggart 009

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 14 February 06 18:03 GMT (UK) »
Awe Chris, I dont know why either -  but my dad was always very upset about loosing this little brother. He mentioned him a lot. It must have been very traumatic to Dad when this child died. I would love to think he did not pass through this world  leaving  no footprints. Yes, maybe he is trying to tell us something.  I do not have his date of death as yet but I do know he only lived for 4 months for sure.
val.
GALLOWAY, Co. Armagh.
DICKSON Co. Down.

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 14 February 06 19:22 GMT (UK) »
Yes..I know what you mean

My childrens side have a name going back 100's of years but every root I have followed....... each child .....named this .....has died..its like they are all trying to keep a name going ........even if its many gen's apart...and wam bang...the child..or mini adult dies..... so very sad

Steve
<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Christopher

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 14 February 06 20:35 GMT (UK) »
Hei there Val,

This is the link you require -
Taggart - from a word meaning "son of the prieSaint"
www.ncf.carleton.ca/~bj333/HomePage.boys.html now I am wondering are the Taggarts an old Celtic or Irish family since the appears in a list of Irish names for boys. Look at this next site www.myabbreviate.com/ancestor/Timeline1.htm A paragraph beginning "13th century the chief of the clan...." early in the article mentions three of the names appearing in your family tree Alexander, Galloway, and   

Offline Taggart 009

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday 15 February 06 02:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chris, I tried to get on the  site you gave me
but it keeps coming up as the following.

Not Found
The requested URL /ancestor/Timeline1.htm was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Val.
GALLOWAY, Co. Armagh.
DICKSON Co. Down.