Author Topic: Brisbane Mini Meet - 19th October  (Read 21996 times)

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Veni, veni, veni Locamovae cum me
    • View Profile
Re: Brisbane Mini Meet - 19th October
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 29 May 08 10:00 BST (UK) »

I'll speak to the others and see if we can change it.............just for you!!  How does the Saturday suit you??
Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 29 May 08 10:07 BST (UK) »
Hi MarieC

We shall have to link you to Dee - she travelled SA to Brisbane & you are heading Brisbane to Melbourne - very impressive  :)

I would LOVE an excuse to visit Sydney. Are there any NSW chatters who want to organise a meet - I'll be there! Whatever the day.

Trish

Like your good self, Trish, I wanted an excuse to visit Melbourne, a city that  I really like - plus I'd love to meet some of our Southern Rootschatters!

The date of the Melbourne Meet has been advertised on here for quite a while, and I do think it's a shame that the Brisbane Meet has been organised in competition, as it were...

MarieC
Census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martins in London and Wales, Lockwoods in Yorkshire, Hartleys in London, Lichfield and Brighton, Hubands and Smiths in Ireland, Bentleys in London and Yorkshire, Denhams in Somerset, Scoles in London, Meyers in London, Cooks in Northumberland

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 29 May 08 10:12 BST (UK) »

I'll speak to the others and see if we can change it.............just for you!!  How does the Saturday suit you??

Didn't I just mention Tuesday  ???  ???  -  but I can come any day except Wednesday Barbara - so I will accept the majority vote for Sunday - I just wondered, in my YT state,  if another day outside of the weekend was considered. I'll retire defeated and come on Sunday.

Trish

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kazzaqld

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Nanna on her wedding day
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 29 May 08 10:15 BST (UK) »
Hi MarieC

We shall have to link you to Dee - she travelled SA to Brisbane & you are heading Brisbane to Melbourne - very impressive  :)

I would LOVE an excuse to visit Sydney. Are there any NSW chatters who want to organise a meet - I'll be there! Whatever the day.

Trish

Like your good self, Trish, I wanted an excuse to visit Melbourne, a city that  I really like - plus I'd love to meet some of our Southern Rootschatters!

The date of the Melbourne Meet has been advertised on here for quite a while, and I do think it's a shame that the Brisbane Meet has been organised in competition, as it were...

MarieC

Well I think the intention was in conjunction rather than in competition - a kind of global virtual meet if you will!

I don't think anyone thought that people from Brisbane would be going to Melbourne for their meet - suppose we should have really.....

Maybe we do look at a midweek meet although speaking as a wageslave that does make it trickier....
GRACE, HADLEY, ION,MURFET(T), SIZER, WALTERS, WISE - Tasmania,

BATTY, COLE,  GIBBS, GIBBINS/GIBBONS, GODDARD, GURNEY, HUGHES, JONES, LEE, PENNY, TROWER, WHALE, WILSHAW, WOODCOCK
New Zealand,

LEONARD, ROLLINGS, SIZER/SIZAR and many others - Cambridgeshire

BLACKBURN, CUNNINGHAM, DEAN, DOWGILL, GILL,HAINSWORTH, HUSBANDS, LOWE,  MABBLE, MARSHALL, MOORHOUSE, MYERS, PEARSON,PRESTON,  RAYNER, RILEY, SHOESMITH, SIGSTON, SKINN, TURNER, WARD, WILDMAN, WRIGHT

Yorkshire

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 29 May 08 10:17 BST (UK) »
I shall have to whisper MarieC - I'm not much of a fan of Melbourne - I eternally get lost, I get confused with the trams, and I am never in the lane I should be in to get anywhere. How anyone turns right in the centre city area is truly beyond me   :-\  :-\  BUT they have great food in Lygon Street and I know how to get there!!

Trish

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 29 May 08 10:19 BST (UK) »
Kazza

Forgive me - I just had a couple of vinos & thought Tuesday would be a good day - my apologies to those souls who needs must are working for us all - Sunday is just fine!

Actually Sunday is probably cheaper on the bus than other days, unless you have one of those cards that charge you extra just because they can

Trish

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Veni, veni, veni Locamovae cum me
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 29 May 08 10:34 BST (UK) »

Sorry and all that folks.......but it really doesn't matter WHEN the day or date is, there's always going to be somebody who can't make it that particular day or date, it's Murphy's Law isn't it.   

And like Kazza said, it wasn't meant to be in competition with Melbourne.........although let's face it, Brisbane wins over Melbourne any day!!.........rather in conjunction with it.

Barbara
Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 29 May 08 10:42 BST (UK) »
Trish,

I never try to drive in Melbourne, I catch the wonderful trams (agree the traffic rules are confusing), and I don't follow AFL.  I just love the parks, the beauty of the city, the history, the food, the shopping, the MCG, the cricket, the MCG...  Only thing I don't like is the climate, and I'm hoping to jag a warm weekend!  Melbourne is a wonderful city.

MarieC

PS  Did I mention the MCG??
Census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martins in London and Wales, Lockwoods in Yorkshire, Hartleys in London, Lichfield and Brighton, Hubands and Smiths in Ireland, Bentleys in London and Yorkshire, Denhams in Somerset, Scoles in London, Meyers in London, Cooks in Northumberland

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drive it like ya stole it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 29 May 08 10:47 BST (UK) »

Too true Barbara...... there are always those who would not be able to make it no matter what day or where or when or whatever....  shame about that, but it's easier to just pick the details and then post 'em and see who answers "YES".

Fingers crossed that the weather is a darned sight better than it's been today.... tomorrow and the weekend supposed to be even worse.  Looks like Barry and Deb picked a good time to leave Brisbane. ;D

Hey MarieC ....... what's that about the "G"?  Do you like it there or what?? ;D ;D

Karenlee
Census Information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk