Author Topic: DENNETT -Dullar Farm Sturminster Marshall  (Read 3870 times)

Offline ADennett

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DENNETT -Dullar Farm Sturminster Marshall
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 05 November 20 00:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi good evening. I was wondering if anyone was still looking at this site?
I googled the surname Dennett as my Gran was Freda Ivy Dennett (Married name wood).

My mother Margaret spent a lot of time growing up in Stoke wake with her grand parents Alf & Ethel.
She spent time with her uncle Alf (Freda's brother) and his children Michael, Mary, and Margaret.
My mum comes from the Gosport area. Her grandad Alf when he left the Royal Marines was a military policeman on the gates at the munitions yard Fratter in Gosport. He lived in the guards houses directly outside the main gate.
When he retired he moved back to Dorset.
Violet had a son before she died he was brought up as my mums brother by her parents Charles and Freda
If anyone looks at this please send a message as my mum would like to get in contact with the Dorset side of her family

My family all still live in Dorset near stoke wake. Margaret lives in okeford fitzpaine so does jennifer, Linda and Susan. Michael lives in blandford and maureen lives in Bournemouth. Alf was my grandfather and my father is james who was alf and Mary's youngest son. Would love to get in contact with you and try arrange a meet up between my aunts and your mum. I'm not sure how to message on here but if you send me a message I will be able to reply

Offline Kar Allen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DENNETT -Dullar Farm Sturminster Marshall
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 05 November 20 16:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi ya thank you for replying so quickly.
I have been doing the family tree for some time I knew that there was a large part of mums family still about in Dorset but not sure where.
The last time mum see her cousins was in the 60s.
She went to a school in Hazebury Bryan whilst she was living down there and lived in a house called "the thatched cottage" with her grand parents just up the road from an old church.
This was the property of farmer Kent.