Author Topic: Who is He?  (Read 7549 times)

Offline evert0nian

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Who is He?
« Reply #63 on: Thursday 30 August 12 13:49 BST (UK) »
 Hi amber, are you still doing your tree? I've been stuck on William, & reached the same conclusion as your researchers did, that William & Margaret never married (the Bouchards were Hugenots, if William was a Catholic, they wouldn't be able to marry in either of their churches) Solan/Solen is an Irish name, 2 million people left ireland between 1845-1855, and one of your cousins told me one of her grandfathers was 'a cobbler from Cork who married a Hugenot'. I feel that must be him. Alice is my mother's grandmother, I wish I knew who he was too

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline BevJLowry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Sunday 25 November 18 16:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Again

Deaths Sep 1925

Solen  William  Age 91  Hackney  1b 418  (So his DOB 1834 Is Correct)

Yvonne ;D

Hi. I have just registered here and in search of any information of William Solen. He is my 2x grandfather. I have come stuck and cannot find any information on him other than his birth and death and that his partner was Margaret Bouchard and had a daughter Alice Solen, my grandfathers mother. Please can you help if you have anything to add, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Bev

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline BevJLowry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Sunday 25 November 18 17:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi. I have just registered here and trying to work out how to reply to people, please bear with me.

I am in search of any information of William Solen. He is my 2x grandfather. I have come stuck and cannot find any information on him other than his birth and death and that his partner was Margaret Bouchard and had a daughter Alice Solen, my grandfathers mother. He has been the only one who has fascinated both my mother and myself for many years, who is he?  why are there not any records anywhere for him? Margaret Bouchard, does anyone have her parents as we are sure we made a big mistake on her side so deleted it all ready to start again. If anyone has any information on these I would be really grateful. Id love to tell my Mum that I have news of him.
Thanks, Bev