Author Topic: Gunter Family  (Read 60580 times)

Offline gunterl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gunter Family
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 03 October 10 12:25 BST (UK) »
All I have is a listing for John Gunter to Maryland in 1649 shown below.

I have a DNA match to John Gunter b 1722 in VA.

Name: Gunter, John
Place: Maryland
Year: 1649
Source Publication Code: 2524.55
Source Publication Page Number: 97
Document Type: Immigrant Record
Source: Passenger and Immigration Lists Index
Bibliography:
GIBB, CARSON.
A Supplement to The Early Settlers of Maryland.
Annapolis, MD: Maryland State Archives, 1997. 248p.
Date and port of arrival. Extracted from Maryland Land Office records of patents and warrants. Reference to original record or transcript and microfilm number are also provided. Other historical and genealogical information may also be provided. The first publication, The Early Settlers of Maryland, was indexed as source number 8510 in PILI 1982.

Annotation: Date and port of arrival. Extracted from Maryland Land Office records of patents and warrants. Reference to original record or transcript and microfilm number are also provided. Other historical and genealogical information may also be provided. The first publication, The Early Settlers of Maryland, was indexed as source number 8510 in PILI 1982.

Offline jennyterras

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Gwenllian Gunter - Brecon
« Reply #37 on: Friday 22 October 10 17:42 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I have a Gwenllian Gunter marrying Edward Jones St David's Brecon 19 May 1824.
I have no record of her baptism/birth.
She is my 4x great-grandmother (rather distant, I know!)
Anyone come across her/the name?

I did find a marriage of one William Gunter to a Gwenllian Powell 1733/4 Llandyfaelog Fach.

In hope,

Jenny

Offline BillW6969

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 02 September 11 21:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Peonie,

Where are you stuck? Perhaps I can help.
I have the line from my great grandmother Minnie Gunter.b1899 ...back to 1035.

I am one of the infamous US Gunters - John is one of my ancestors who came over in 1649. The 1st Gunter I have is William born in Monmouthshire, Wales and married to Elizabeth Gethin. Their son, Henry, was born in Andover in 1450. I have lots of blanks, such as Henry's wife and William's birthdate and all before William. Could you or anyone be of help? This is much appreciated!

Offline angelahutch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 19 December 12 15:27 GMT (UK) »
I have a Personal Swiz Diary from 1916 for a Hans Gunter who came from Thorigen.  It is all in German, but a very interesting diary.

Offline jwfwarsaw

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 23 October 13 12:13 BST (UK) »
I'm not a Gunter myself, but FYI, those of you who are also have a famous Welsh footballer in your tree: Chris Gunter, who's only 24 but has already turned out 50 times for his country. Enjoy the reflected glow :-)
Best regards,
Jonathan

Offline Ian Gunter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 08 February 15 21:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello all,
I have just stumbled across this stream and it is fascinating.  I am very much a beginner at this, but it is proving to be an engrossing pastime...
I have so far traced & pr oven my direct paternal line, back to 1780. My father Douglas James Gunter, was born in Risca, Monmouthshire, and his Father's go back through John Arthur, Jacob, John & John, all of Machen / Bassaleg.

I have also found a Lewis Gunter who died in Bassaleg in 1743, but I haven't found definitive proof of their link as yet. I'm sure i will soon though, Machen is not a big place.
Then I have found >  1684 ~ Mar 2~ GUNTER ~Anne Thos ~Burial~Machen

Also there is a reference to a Thomas Gunter of Machen;in the national Library of Wales Archives;
Thomas Gunter, 1644 Machen. Son Morgan Thomas (Morgan ap Thomas), grandchildren Thomas Morgan, David Morgan, Margaret, Blanch & Joan Morgan children of son Morgan. Daug. Margaret married to Morgan

What I would really like to do is find out if these connect, & if we then connect back to the Abergavenny / Breconshire line to Gunterstone Tre-Gunter... Its a tantalisingly short distance up the Usk from Newport.....

Can anyone help?
Many thanks in anticipation,
Ian Gunter.

Offline bluebirdaus

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 20 February 16 23:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi New to this but can anyone help on the GUNTER side.
I have William 1620 married to sybilla. Their son Henry 1665 married Grace. Their son John 1699 married Catherine White. Their son John 1730 married Mary Sandford. Their son William married Mary Jerom (Jerome). Their son John 1806 married Jane White. Their daughter Eliza 1838 married Bulter. Butler is my GGG Grandfather on my mothers side.
Any information would be great
Thanks in advance.
Blurbirdaus

Offline tetrad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 10:10 BST (UK) »
I am looking for the ancestry of Elizabeth Gunter who was married to Edward Evans in St. Mary's Cusop on 3rd December 1737. Neither was baptized there so Elizabeth Gunter could have come from the Gunter Family of Llanigon. Does anyone have the line back to 1035? Thank you in anticipation.

Offline tetrad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 10:16 BST (UK) »
Does cripesamighty have a genealogy back to 1035 of the Gunter Family of Llanigon? I descend from Elizabeth Gunter who was married to Edward Evans on 3rd Dec 1737 at St. Mary's Cusop.