Author Topic: Gunter Family  (Read 60417 times)

Offline Natosha

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gunter Family
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 19 April 17 07:04 BST (UK) »
Please add Gunter familie group on facebook. Hope this will help

Offline ????? ?. ??????

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Friday 28 April 17 01:41 BST (UK) »
We have made a group page and well over 200 so far heads of families, Please come join us get all the info together and do the biggest tree ever!  I myself am descendant of Sir Peter Gunter.  Lets not loose this info, so much in the group already with thousands of hour put into it.     Terry ;D

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1686368421618398/

Offline ????? ?. ??????

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 28 April 17 01:44 BST (UK) »

Offline ????? ?. ??????

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Monday 06 November 17 16:16 GMT (UK) »
If you really want all the info.  We gathered all the Gunter's from around the world!  Come join us and add your side of the Gunter's!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1686368421618398/

Offline dcroberts

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 03 February 18 16:47 GMT (UK) »
I am researching my GUNTER heritage.  My grand father was William Franklin Gunter, son of Benjamin Franklin Gunter and Lucinda Wells.  Next I believe my 2nd great grandfather was William N. Gunter Jr who married Mary Alice Crowder, then my 3rd great grandfather was William N. Gunter Sr. who married Phoebe Hodges. My 4th great grandfather was Augustus Gunter, brother of John Gunter who founded Gunterville.  I have been told that we defended from John Gunter from Wales.  Still researching if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you all in advance.

Offline Taffia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 25 February 21 12:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi all hope everybody safe and well. I have just come accross this thread. Amazing read. I am also searching an Isabella Gunter my 4 x G.Grandmother. Have hit a brick wall regarding her. Isabella married Thomas Watkins in 1832 in Herefordshire. Can trace them via census untill there death in 1901. I cannot find any trace of Isabella before her marriage. She was either born West or East indies depending onn which year census you look at.
Have already had fantastic help of fellow members but sadly brick wall still exists.
Throughout marriage Thomas and Isabella lived in Little/Much Birch area. Any tips or pointers would be amazing ☺️
Thank you

Offline ReedHayes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Saturday 26 August 23 00:15 BST (UK) »
I am a descendant of the Gunters of Haywood and Jackson Counties, North Carolina.  I have conducted genealogical research for most of my life, with focus on the Gunters.  I am in the process of preparing a publication, The Family and Descendants of George Marion Gunter 1833-1914 (my g-g grandfather).  I have identified hundreds of Marion's descendants, but know there are others to be discovered.
If you are one of those descendants and want your family included in the publication, please let me know.  I am more than happy to share any of my research.
Reed Hayes

Offline ReedHayes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Friday 22 December 23 18:58 GMT (UK) »
bushido...

there are 5 Minnie Welch's in that tree....and one of them is your Minnie Welch who married Harley Gunter...because Harley is also in that tree.

Not sure how you are viewing the tree...but..they are certainly there so the info I gave you is correct.

Though it doesnt show Harleys parents..it does give us leads to find anothe way round to find out who his parents were.

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=SHOW&db=pthompson&recno=14071

Harley Turner Gunter was my distant cousin, son of Pascal Syrene and Modena Carringer Gunter.  Minnie Welch's mother was also a Gunter, Elizabeth Emaline, daughter of Hiram (Ham) Gunter and Elizabeth Cornwell. 

I can provide other information if you want.

Reed Hayes