Author Topic: Robert Cutts of Newstead Notts  (Read 12320 times)

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Cutts of Newstead Notts
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 06 July 08 09:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Alan,

Perhaps it would help if you gave me all the information you already have as it would save time duplicating look-ups  ;)
I thought you said you had no trace of George and John after 1851?

Have looked at the 1861 census, that George Cuts (one t) is also a lacemaker, aged 27 though, (although census ages can't be relied on), wife Jane and 2 children.
Possible marriage Jun 1854 Basford 7b 143  George Cutts & Jane Spray
in 1871 RG10/3527  Folio  6  Page  6  George is missing, Jane married with 3 children.

You would need to get certificates to find out whether he would be the right George.

Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline alancutts

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 07 July 08 09:07 BST (UK) »
G'day Barbara
no I havent got any verified detail just some speculation from
my cousin contact in Derbyshire, he hooked on to the Spray marraige i think because the name appears in my list around the late 1700's etc,
however I am afraid you are correct in that the only way is via some certs, so i will have to start working at dropping hints for my next birthday or fathers day etc it has worked in the past .
Thank you for your help.
Kind Regards Alan

Offline john craig

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 23 May 10 04:38 BST (UK) »
Do you know if his name was Robert Waterhouse Cutts?

And, have you found those 2 younger children on the 1861?

Tricia

A Robert Waterhouse Cutts married Harriet Bunster, fourth daughter of Grosvenor Bunster (formerly of Royal Navy 1805/6 to 1815) at the English Church in Valparaiso, Chile.  Their daughter, Harriet Cutts, married a Scot - Robert Craig Christie.  There are about 1,000 descendants in Chile, England, Switzerland, Holland, New Zealand, Canada and USA.

John

Offline SuzieH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 17 May 12 03:19 BST (UK) »
Hi, if youre still looking into the Cutts family, Ashfield District Council had put burial records on one of their web sites so you could call up a local graveyard.
Annesley All Saints ( the New one sited on the Hill) has a Cutts family grave, and as Newsted is the next village to Annesley (less than 3 miles) its possible the Cutts clan were miners and moved just down the Road.
Annesley Old Church is currently undergoing restoration to a 13th century tower and this is at the side of Annesley Hall, the old manor house of the area. The family employed numerous people on this estate, but had other estates that staff could be sent or asked to be moved to esp in Norfolk. But a national campaign to get people to move to Canada in the early part of the 1900's seemed to take a good number of families to the farming/agricultural northern Canada.
Hope it helps.