Author Topic: Robert Cutts of Newstead Notts  (Read 12336 times)

Offline megawat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Cutts of Newstead Notts
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 03 July 08 19:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks for everyone's welcome & responses. My hopes of a link with you all seem to have been dashed .. but you've helped me  'get my feet wet' and join Rootschat. I've intended to do it for ages and this was the nudge I needed. Maybe now I'll go to see what's doing in the Sheffield area. The only Notts. family I link to is Beardmore....so ... thanks anyway
Margaret

Offline alancutts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 04 July 08 09:45 BST (UK) »
g'day Barbara
I found robert jnr in the 61 census he is a lodger in wood st
Sneinton, william marriesa Karrenhapachuk in 1855 robert married in 1865 to sarah waterfall and they moved to Salford by 1872 no sign of Robert snr though except that he remarried
to a mary treece in 1853 Notts the only link in the data is that his occupation at the time was a "birdstuffer" which comes up on the marraige data. no sign of george or robert or jane or Henry in 61 at all BTW william was a confectioner and robert b 1844 is listed as a confectioner assistant so I can assume he was either working with william then or he was working with the waterfall family who were butchers I think.
Robert b 1803 is certainly a challenge hey!!!!
Kind Regards Alan

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 04 July 08 10:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Alan,

I think I'll stick with the emigration theory for Robert, Jane & younger children  :-\
Sorry couldn't be more help

Barbara  :)
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline alancutts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 04 July 08 11:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks
I might start by checking the lancashire area in case he went with robert junior or william hey!!!!
Regards Alan
PS thanks!!!!!

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 04 July 08 11:14 BST (UK) »
Alan, did you follow those two right through to 1901?  Need any help with that?

Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline alancutts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 05 July 08 08:57 BST (UK) »
Barbara g'day
got both those lines up to 1901 thanks but let me say how wonderful you are to make the offer,.

i have just found out that as a kid I used to do a lunch run for work and would get a boxful of hot pork pies in Salford and that pie shop bakers used to be the Emigrants from Notts the "Cutts" pie shop of chapel St they were there from about 1870 till the early 1900's and I never knew of them, bit sad really but getting to the point was a long long trip for me and very exciting result.
Kind Regards Alan

Offline alancutts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 05 July 08 09:13 BST (UK) »
Alan, did you follow those two right through to 1901?  Need any help with that?

Barbara
Barbara g'day
just had a thought,yeah I know the old joke "think for a minute" Oh a whole minute"!!!
is there any way you can trace the George from the Sneinton family he was b 1837 and the John b 1840,
pleeese please!!!???
Regards Alan

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 05 July 08 12:09 BST (UK) »
Couldn't find any of the family in 1861, but there's this George in 1871 - you'd need their marriage cert to be sure of his father's name

1871  RG10/3505  Folio 120  Page  14
Thorneywood Lane, Holly Gardens, Snenton, Notts
George Cutts 33  head m Lacemaker  Nottingham
Elizabeth Cutts 26 wife m Lace Clipper    "

Barbara     

Offline alancutts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 06 July 08 08:35 BST (UK) »
g'day Barbara
my cousin sent me that detail from 1871 before but he also sent me info on George from the 61 census RG9/2448 folio 45 pg 16 sched 89 where he is at Caulby st/lane and married to a Jane?????????
have a gander and let me know what you think Please strange people these Cutts'sssssssss hey!!!!
Regards Alan