Author Topic: Arkleston Cementry, Renfrewshire!  (Read 28163 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Arkleston Cementry, Renfrewshire!
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 29 April 07 23:17 BST (UK) »
William

What a sad time the last 7 months have been for you. Many condolences.

Regards.

Monica

Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline WILLIAM 1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 30 April 07 10:50 BST (UK) »
thank you so much but i just keep on smilling and laughing nothing else for it xxx
brown family mcclinton (and variants), mcfarlane, buchanan,murray,caskie(and variants) hay family. mcpherson family.mckenzie.whiteside.nichol

Offline rhgs15

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 30 April 07 17:57 BST (UK) »
I was looking for for info on Arkleston cemetery when I found this thread. I have an older brother buried there,he died in the 1920's when he was two. I haven't been back to Paisley since 1955 but will be returning with my husband,chlldren and grandchildren in August  and I would like to visit his grave but I have no idea where it's located. Does anybody know if that information is available at the cemetery, or is there somewhere else I can go to find it.

Thanks for any help.

Offline WILLIAM 1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 30 April 07 19:19 BST (UK) »
if you go into the arkleston cementry. just inside the gate on the lefthand side you will see some huts if you go into them and ask the man in there he will help you he will even phone up and ask the main office for the place and row your family are on.. i hope this helps you i stay in renfrew and i did this before so good luck and i hope this helps you.

the hut has been moved now when you go through the main gates the hut is now on your right handside. there where hoping to make the graveyard bigger as it is nearly full up. but now the people who own the farm and land have asked if they can build a new cemetery and cremation place and have been given the go ahead. but dont know if they are going to do it now 
brown family mcclinton (and variants), mcfarlane, buchanan,murray,caskie(and variants) hay family. mcpherson family.mckenzie.whiteside.nichol

Offline Ann Baker

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Truth will out! (Finding it another matter!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 30 April 07 22:11 BST (UK) »
Hi rhgs

William's suggestion is best. If you approach council they will charge you £26 per half hour for priv of looking which you prob don;t need.

Hope you enjoy your visit

Ann
Torrens, Thompson - Tyrone & Fermanagh,Connolly, Campbell - Monaghan & Cavan, McGovern, Carroll, Orr - Ireland <br />Connolly, Fulton, Stirling, Cameron, McKellar, Robertson, McGovern, Torrance, Bisland, Fraser, Hamilton, O'Hara, McAusland, McTaggart , Lambie, Twedale, Hart, Clark(Paisley/Barrhead/Glasgow)<br />McGovern, Liddell - Falkirk<br />Mair, Muir, Carroll, Stewart, Law, Orr - Lanarkshire <br />Torrance - Brisbane<br />Connolly , Robertson- NSW<br />McGovan(?), Robertson , Agnew-

Offline rhgs15

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 30 April 07 22:24 BST (UK) »
Thank you Ann and William for the information.  We moved to the US when I was 14 and I always felt like he was left behind.

Eleanor

Offline Ann Baker

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Truth will out! (Finding it another matter!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 30 April 07 22:46 BST (UK) »
Hi rhgs

I'm sure he'd be very pleased you remember him. I Hope you enjoy your trip to Paisley very much - my old home town

Ann
Torrens, Thompson - Tyrone & Fermanagh,Connolly, Campbell - Monaghan & Cavan, McGovern, Carroll, Orr - Ireland <br />Connolly, Fulton, Stirling, Cameron, McKellar, Robertson, McGovern, Torrance, Bisland, Fraser, Hamilton, O'Hara, McAusland, McTaggart , Lambie, Twedale, Hart, Clark(Paisley/Barrhead/Glasgow)<br />McGovern, Liddell - Falkirk<br />Mair, Muir, Carroll, Stewart, Law, Orr - Lanarkshire <br />Torrance - Brisbane<br />Connolly , Robertson- NSW<br />McGovan(?), Robertson , Agnew-

Offline Researcherjoe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 10 June 11 19:58 BST (UK) »
Hello All,

I have recently discovered my great grandparents, William James and Margaret Perry, nee Donaldson are buried at Arkleston Cemetery, Renfrew. William died 21 August 1943 at 1 Haining Road, Renfrew, the home of my late grandparents, Joseph and Mary Reid. Margaret died 20 December 1925.

I wondered if anyone would be kind enough, if visiting Arkleston Cemetery, to locate their grave and post any inscription there might be? I hope this request doesn't seem to cheeky!

Joe Reid Leach, Rotherham, South Yorkshire.
Donaldson, Perry, Reid, Taylor, Hamill at Renfrew and Paisley. Watkins at Brecon, Wales. Dawson at Leamington and Sheffield. Leach at Rotherham, Sheffield, Featherstone, Altofts, Normanton and Coventry. Bailey at Coventry.

Offline WILLIAM 1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 11 June 11 07:10 BST (UK) »
hi do you have the plot number and row that there grave is and if so i would do that for you as i stay in renfrew and it is only 2 mins from me