Author Topic: Isobella Boyle nee Doherty died 1906 in Arranmore island Donegal  (Read 3074 times)

Offline ursulaf

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Isobella Boyle nee Doherty died 1906 in Arranmore island Donegal
« on: Wednesday 04 June 08 19:35 BST (UK) »
Please if anybody knows anything about this lady. She was born in Drumrooske , Donegal Town, was a teacher in Arranmore Island and married James Boyle who had a public house in Ballintra on the Island. They had 4 children Bridget M. born 1896, Francis D. a year younger, Isabella M. 1899 and James R. about 1900.  Isabella died in 1906 aged 38. James remarried the children scattered when they got older, I think some might have emigrated to the USA. I would be grateful for any info. Thanks in anticipation. this lady is a sister of Susannah who went to Australiain my earlier enquiry.

Offline thady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Isobella Boyle nee Doherty died 1906 in Arranmore island Donegal
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 25 June 08 23:24 BST (UK) »
Ursulaf,

For Arranmore you could try this site:

http://www.arainnmhor.com

It has  a genealogy section with info and also contacts for other researchers of Arranmore families. it also mentions a book which may be useful 'Arranmore Links ' which it recommends as 'the only published work on Arranmore Island genealogy'.

I am assumng you have census info for the family at Ballintra in 1901 and 1911 as you appear to have all the available info but include a link to a transcription which includes this family if you dont have it:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~donegal/1901ballintra.htm

The site also has a wealth of resources for Donegal if you have not yet come across it.

Hope this may be of some use to you!

Regards

Angela

O'Donnel - Ward - Boyle - Gallagher
Templecrone, Donegal, Eire
 (incl Cloughglass, Mullaghderg, Lackbeg, Dungloe, Annagry)

Offline ursulaf

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Isobella Boyle nee Doherty died 1906 in Arranmore island Donegal
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 29 June 08 10:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Angela,
 Thanks for your reply to my enquiry. I have read the book Arranmore Links and that is where I got the little information I have and I also got both census for 1901 and 1911. However the book says her husband James Boyle had remarried and the family scattered and I would like to know what became of them in later life. I think that the author would have given that information if at hand as he followed up other Boyle families. I was hoping that some of the relations might have seen the query and had some information.Thanks again for your info and I will keep trying
Ursula