Author Topic: MI Look-up Sudbury Please - PIPER  (Read 2621 times)

Offline Children

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
MI Look-up Sudbury Please - PIPER
« on: Thursday 05 June 08 15:21 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I was wondering if some-one who lived in the area of Sudbury would be kind enough to look for a Headstone on "MARIA PIPER".

She died on the 21 March 1857 and was buried in the Sudbury All Saints cemetery between Cross Street and Church Street on the 25 March 1857.

Maria (nee Wiffen) Piper was my husbands Great Great Grandmother. She was married to Stephen Piper who died in Tasmania.

Stephen Pipers parents were John and Ann Piper who were both buried at Long Melford but unfortunately I do not know what cemetery they are buried in.

Hope some-one can help!!!

Kind regards
Wendy

Offline suffolk*sue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Catherine Sandys & Sarah Richardson,where are you?
    • View Profile
Re: A Headstone Look-up for Sudbury Please
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 June 08 15:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Wendy

As far as I am aware I have never seen any Piper headstones in All Saints churchyard. That is not to say that there might not be any as many of the stones are unreadable.
You could get in contact with the Suffolk Record Office and see if there are any Monumental Inscriptions recorded for All Saints.

I do remember a tale of some demented vicar who ripped up some gravestones and threw them in the nearby river, from Ballingdon bridge, which is just around the corner from the church, not sure when this was.

;) ;)
Census information is Crown Copyright  -  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pipera

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: MI Look-up Sudbury Please - PIPER
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 29 September 16 09:53 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I was wondering if some-one who lived in the area of Sudbury would be kind enough to look for a Headstone on "MARIA PIPER".

She died on the 21 March 1857 and was buried in the Sudbury All Saints cemetery between Cross Street and Church Street on the 25 March 1857.

Maria (nee Wiffen) Piper was my husbands Great Great Grandmother. She was married to Stephen Piper who died in Tasmania.

Stephen Pipers parents were John and Ann Piper who were both buried at Long Melford but unfortunately I do not know what cemetery they are buried in.

Hope some-one can help!!!

Kind regards
Wendy

If you look at the Holy Trinity Long Melford Suffolk they are buried there. John and Ann Piper