Author Topic: Wyllie Birth Cert  (Read 15342 times)

Offline Hanan

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Wyllie Birth Cert
« Reply #18 on: Monday 02 March 15 20:25 GMT (UK) »
Dave, think this was taken auchinleck may 1941.  ???
CURRIE & KERR Scotland, Bute, Isle of Arran
ROSS or MUNRO Scotland, Inverness
SUTHERLAND & BUDGE, HAMILTON or GORDON Caithness, Halkirk Area 1700 & 1800's; Lanark 1900’s
MCGRATH or MCGRAW, MCINTYRE, MCWHINNEY, FERGUSON, CAMPBELL, FLANAGAN, WAUGH & THOMSON Ireland
MCGRATH or MCGRAW Wigtown early 1800’s; USA, Taft (CA), Jarbridge (NV) early 1900's
WYLLIE & HIGGINS Scotland, Lanarkshire & Ayrshire

Offline Dave wyllie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 08 March 15 17:52 GMT (UK) »
Thats when thomas and rose were married, may 41.

Offline Betty5048

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 26 April 15 16:50 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have been researching my family history and have been struggling to find a birth certificate for my Great Grandfather David Donaldson Wyllie, he was married to Mary Campbell on 7/11/1902 in St Johns Chapel Cumnock. My Grandmothers name was Jeannie Roberts Wyllie born 23/05/1905 in Elbow Lane Old Cumnock. I would be really grateful if you had any information about him or the extended family. The information I already have ties in with the information posted, so feel I am on the right track. Many thanks.

Offline Dave wyllie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 27 April 15 15:54 BST (UK) »
hello cousin Betty,he was also my gt grandfather. but we don't have any more information as yet as far as i know. his son thomas was my grandfather.
Dave.

Offline Betty5048

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 27 April 15 20:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks Dave for the prompt reply, I have tried for a few years to find David's birth certificate, could find no trace even with the info from his death certificate. I remember as a young girl visiting Great Granny Mary Wyllie in  Auchinleck, prior to her death in June 1975. I have her Parents names if you don't already have them.
Regards Betty

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 28 April 15 09:35 BST (UK) »
The timeline makes no sense at all

1882 Jeanie Wyllie marries William Roberts
1891 David is aged 5, giving a birth years of 1885/6
1901 David is aged 17, giving a birth year of 1883/4
So if the ages are accurate, David's father would have been William Roberts. In which case why cal himself Wyllie in later life?

On the other hand, if he was illegitimate then (a) he must have been born before 1882 and (b) even if his father had signed his birth certificate, be would still be indexed under his mother's surname.

Now, Jeanie.
The 1891 census says she was 26, so born 1864/5
The 1901 census says she was 34, so born 1866/7
And she said her parents were John Wyllie and Jane Allan, but there is no birth in the IGI of a Jane/Jean Wyllie with mother Jane/Jean Allan between 1863 and 1868.

There is a Jeanie Allan, mother Jane Allan, born 26 January 1865, and a Jane Allan, mother Jane Allan, born 25 June 1866, both in Glasgow and neither with a father's name. But I can't find either of them in the 1881 census in either Lanarkshire or Ayrshire.

There is just one possible Jean/Jane Wyllie in the 1881 census - a bit older than 'your' one at 19, and name Jane rather than Jeanie, but with mother Jane. However there are two other daughters, Fanny (16) and Elizabeth (14), both also missing from the IGI.

So I reckon there must be more than just 'your' David missing from the records.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Dave wyllie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 28 April 15 17:44 BST (UK) »
we have a picture of gt granny, she looks like she was nice. apparently she made jam a lot.

Offline Betty5048

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 28 April 15 21:35 BST (UK) »
Thanks Dave will have a look.

Offline ksyw2x

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Wyllie Birth Cert David Donaldson line
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 16 April 17 03:03 BST (UK) »
Hello - I've looked at this family today because I have Wyllie ancestors and someone in our Wyllie research group asked me to help with this. I sure wish that I had started with RootsChat since I seem to have reinvented the wheel a bit. Here is what I have -

David Donaldson Wyllie, Statutory Death Record 610/A 40. 1 Oct 1946, Old Cumnock, Ayr(shire). His age looks like 66. Occupation stone miner. Married to Mary Campbell. Parents "Jeanie Wyllie, domestic servant, afterwards married to 1st William Roberts Mason's labourer, 2nd James Smith Coal Miner (deceased). Informant David Wyllie son.

David Donaldson Wyllie, Statutory Marriage Record 610/A 36. 1902 7th November, Old Cumnock Ayr(shire). St John Chapel, Cumnock, Roman Catholic Church. His age 19, coal miner bachelor. parents "Jeanie Wyllie (was married to William Roberts Mason's Labourer)". Mary Campbell, age 17, domestic servant (spinster) parents Thomas Campbell Pit Foreman & Susannah Campbell MS Mc Gunn. Usual residence for both of them is Elbows Lane Cumnock. David signed with "X" his mark.

Thomas Donaldson Wyllie, Statutory Birth Record 586/1 69. Sept 25, 1913, Dalmellington Ayr(shire)
parents David Donaldson Wyllie coalminer & Mary Wyllie MS Campbell, married 1902 Nov 7th Old Cumnock. Address High Street Dalmellington

I've looked at a number of David (Donaldson) Wyllie births circa 1884 but none match with his mother's name. He appears to be illegitimate, but that was required to be noted in Death Records until into the 20th century but I can't recall when that was dropped.

I couldn't find his mother's marriages but I was guessing at the years. It looks like she divorced her first husband since the records don't say he is deceased.

I think that I found William Roberts + Jeanie in the 1901 census. Elbow Lane, Old Cumnock, and he is a mason's labourer. I just have the ancestry transcription so the ages are suspect. The oldest child is 17-yr-old David Roberts "son". I wonder if that's David Donaldson Wyllie. Birthplace is Glasgow and occupation Miners labourer. There are three younger children: Mary (19), Henry (5) and Jeanie (3). The younger children were all born in Dumfries. William born England and Jeanie born Glasgow

The 1891 census: I found a Willm and Jane Roberts in Dumfries. The birthplaces for them are correct but the ages are odd so perhaps mis-transcribed. He is a hawker. The children are Daniel Roberts b. Glasgow age 5 and Willm Robert age 2 b Annan. So either David does not appear here, or Daniel is actually David, or this is a doppelganger family just out to confuse us.

I had a look for Jeanie Wyllie in the 1881 census, looking for her as a young domestic servant, born Glasgow. The LDS 1881 census has a Jeanie Wylie, age 18, domestic servant, b Glasgow, in Alloa Clackmannan, head of household Janet Younger age 58.

I'm happy to try to help sort this all out.

Katherine