Author Topic: LAMB family- Corton Denham  (Read 6220 times)

Offline Scott1940

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
LAMB family- Corton Denham
« on: Tuesday 10 June 08 08:51 BST (UK) »
I am researching the Lamb family in Corton Denham.

There are two Uriahs one bapt. 1810 and the other in 1811.  I have all the infomation from the census, and know the parents of Uriah bapt. 1810.

Can anyone help me to find the parents of Uriah bapt. in 1811.

Yvonne

Offline stewart_M

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: LAMB family- Corton Denham
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 June 08 21:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Yvonne

I'm related to the Lamb family from Corton Denham and have been doing a fair bit of research into the family and the village.  I have traced my family from the 1500s up to the mid 1800s living in Corton Denham. 

My g/g/g/g/grandmother was Jane Lamb born in 1802, her parents were James Lamb and Mary Longman.  Jane married Levi Chidzey in 1832.

I have a spreadsheet containing a huge amount of information on the families of Corton Denham over 500 years but I can only access it on my work computer at the moment (I don't have Excel)!!  I will look at it tomorrow and see what I can find.

Can you tell me what other family names/info you have.

Regards

Stewart

Offline Scott1940

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 June 08 21:55 BST (UK) »
Hello Stewart,

I am doing some research for Philp Worman, who is the gt, grandson of Edwin
Lamb, son of  Job, son  of Uriah.  He has put a tree on Ancestry.co.uk, which you can access if your are a subscriber,  I am related to Philp's grandmother.

I have William Lamb b 1778  m Mary Osmond  b 1775  1801.

Children bapt dates
1802 Phoebe
1804 Diana
1806 Eli
1807 Fanny
1810 Uriah
1815 Rhoda
1817 Emma
1819 Giles
1821 Sophia

I have the families of Eli, Uriah.

Can I presume that the Uriah who married Susannah (Hannah on the census) Reynolds who died in 1851, and then  later that year married Mary Chidzy he then died in 1882. is the son on of Jack and Mary Longman.

I have not go back any further with any certainty but understand the family originates from Sherborne. going back to the 1600's.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Could you e-mail me.

Yvonne
MODERATOR COMMENT: email address removed to avoid spam and other abuses. Please use personal message system to share email addresses and other personal details. Thank You

Offline SOLOMON

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 05 July 08 17:49 BST (UK) »
Hello Stewart

My wife is also related to the LAMB family of Corton Denham, through Jane LAMB chr. 22 May 1795, daughter of Samuel LAMB and Mary HANHAM who were married 1776 at Sandford Orcas. Jane married 13 Jan 1816 at Corton Denham to John BEACH b1795-d1851.

We have had help from Roy Snaydon and Gordon Osmond and have just received from David Lamb in Canada via "Horethorne Hundred" group of the Yahoo forum "Somersetfamilyhistory" a list of his LAMB relatives who emigrated from Corton Denham in the early 1840's.

We would be interested also in your CHIDZEY family as we have a Haryet BEACH married 29 Aug 1822 to John CHIDSY and also the LAMB and BEACH families.

Ref your need for Excel , try "www. openoffice.org" where you can download for free the program to open .xls documents, we use it successfully.

Regards
Michael and Penny

"I'm related to the Lamb family from Corton Denham and have been doing a fair bit of research into the family and the village.  I have traced my family from the 1500s up to the mid 1800s living in Corton Denham. 

My g/g/g/g/grandmother was Jane Lamb born in 1802, her parents were James Lamb and Mary Longman.  Jane married Levi Chidzey in 1832.

I have a spreadsheet containing a huge amount of information on the families of Corton Denham over 500 years but I can only access it on my work computer at the moment (I don't have Excel)!!  I will look at it tomorrow and see what I can find.

Can you tell me what other family names/info you have.

Regards

Stewart"
ORAM-Hornblotton, Midsomer Norton,Clapton, Bath and Winscombe all Somerset
AYLESBURY-Radstock, SOM and Abertillery, MON
BRAIN-Bitton, GLOS and Abersychan,Trevethin and Abertillery, MON
GARLAND-Mangotsfield, GLOS.
WILLIAMS-Winchcombe, GLOS and Weston S Mare, Somerset
FOSTER- Radford,Nottingham

Offline allibaker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.n
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 09 July 08 13:32 BST (UK) »
uriah lamb baptised may 19th 1811 corton denham.parents listed as james lamb and mary
found this on my visit to the records office this morning
regards
alli
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.
somerset- quick,baker,stephens,atyeo,rowswell,callow,marks
durham- marshall,fairbairn
worcestershire- stephens,bishop
gloucestershire - stephens
middlesex - chesney

Offline Scott1940

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 09 July 08 15:20 BST (UK) »
Hello Alli.

Thank you for your reply.  Your information confirms that the Uriah bapt in 1811 was the son of James and Mary Lamb.

Yvonne

Offline susan30

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 13 April 09 03:35 BST (UK) »
Dear Stewart,
I have just come across your entry regarding the Lamb Family and how you say you have them going back quite some time, I would love any info you could supply on the Lamb family of Corton Denham.

My gg grandmother was Hester Lamb (known as Esther) She was born in Corton Denham in 1774 and died in 1856. She married William Penny in 1798 in St Andrew's Church Corton Denham.
I would really appreciate any info on the family line you could supply me.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Susan & Greg

Offline SteffanS

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 04 October 10 23:16 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone

I am wondering whether any of you experts on the Lambs of Corton has come across my 4x great grandfather, Augustin Lamb b c1787?

He was a coachman and highly mobile, living variously in Bath and South Wales but claiming to have been born in Corton.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Steffan

Offline Mason Laver

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 26 August 23 22:30 BST (UK) »
Hello Stewart

My 5th great Grandfather was Mark Chidzey whose daughter Amelia married a Thomas Laver in April of 1806. I am hoping you have some information regarding Thomas Laver or the Laver family in the area of Corton Denham.

Crossing my fingers!

Mason Laver