Author Topic: Having a nightmare - Howsego/Housego  (Read 25669 times)

Offline babygirlbill

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Having a nightmare - Howsego/Housego
« on: Thursday 12 June 08 12:59 BST (UK) »
I am trying to research part of my tree, the surname Howsego/Housego but I am having a complete nightmare!

I know one half of my tree were Romanys, the Buckley family (decending from Joe Buckley) and they married Howsegos, so I am wondering if they too were a travelling family.

So far all I have managed to find is my great grandad George Howsego born in West Ham in 1903, along with his 2 brothers, Arthur born in 1900 and William John born in 1901.  Their parents were William Frederick (sometimes listed the other way around) and Emily (nee Morris).

I have Georges birth, marriage and death certificate.  His parents marriage certificate and a death certificate for William Frederick.  I have a marriage certificate for William John, he married Lylie Butcher in 1925 in West Ham.

After this I am at a complete dead end!! I cannot find any information whatsoever on Arthur apart from his birth certificate, and have no information for their mum or any more siblings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Buckley - Essex, London
Howsego/Housego - Essex, London
Lee - Essex, London
Williams

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Having a nightmare - Howsego/Housego
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 12 June 08 13:04 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Are you trying to find info going forwards (Arthurs marr/death etc) or backwards William Frederick and Emily on censuses and their parents?

If you want to go backwards can you give all the details on Wm Fred and Emily's marriage certificate (ages, fathers, places dates etc) Then we should be able to locate them on the 1901 census and further back.

Legs
xxxx
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
NFK-Burton,Myhill,Fisher,Thompson
LNRK-Neilson,Dudson,Forrest,McNight,Paterson
WL-Williams

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 12 June 08 13:11 BST (UK) »
Hi

Have you traced a burial for William Frederick to see if his wife was buried with him and to see whether there is any useful information on any surviving headstone?   Also, any obituary in a local newsaper might mention relatives.

Casalguidi :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline babygirlbill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 12 June 08 13:21 BST (UK) »
Hi
Thanks for the reply, I am happy to go anyway i can, as long as I can find some information  ;)

The marriage was registered Frederick William Howsego to Emily Morris on 25 December 1898, her father was David Morris, his was George Howsego.

Thank you
Buckley - Essex, London
Lee - Essex, London
Williams

Offline babygirlbill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 12 June 08 13:23 BST (UK) »
No Casalguidi i hadnt thought of that actually, but then im not too sure where he was buried, would that make a difference do you think?

thanks
Buckley - Essex, London
Lee - Essex, London
Williams

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 12 June 08 13:34 BST (UK) »
Cool,

How old were they when they married?  I have had a quick look on the 1901 census and cannot find them, will look further back now

xxx
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
WL-Williams

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 12 June 08 13:38 BST (UK) »
Also where did they marry and where was Arthur born please?
WL-Williams

Offline babygirlbill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 12 June 08 13:46 BST (UK) »
He was 25 and she was 18.

It just says the Parish Church, West Ham.

Arthur was born at 17 Granville Road, West Ham and William John was born at 9 Granville Road.  George was born at St Johns Road West Ham.  I know they also lived in Agate Street and Fife Road

Thanks for this
Buckley - Essex, London
Lee - Essex, London
Williams

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 12 June 08 13:48 BST (UK) »
Thank you, hopefully I can narrow down the searches now and find them on a census!
WL-Williams