Author Topic: 2 Missing Pheobe Smith's  (Read 6297 times)

Offline xavtia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Missing Pheobe Smith's
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 14 June 08 22:10 BST (UK) »
wow thanks, I've been to the records office in Bedford and have checked the church records but unfortunatley due to moving 3 times and getting ready to move again the documents have been misplaced, hopefully only temporary.

Might explain why Joseph ended up in Lancashire, I would suspect as he married in the same church 3 times the 1st Pheobe must have died and its missing from the GRO because I vaguely remember finding her death at the records office but can't confirm until I find the documents.

Looks like my great great grandfather had 2 more half siblings then.

thanks again for the responses.
Diane
Almond Yate Bank, Bush Suffolk, Elliot Cumbria,Smith Steppingley,Andrew New Zealand, Callaghan Mayo, Daley Stacksteads, Molloy Mayo

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Missing Phoebe Smith's
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 15 June 08 05:35 BST (UK) »
As Joseph and Phoebe appear to have been living apart in 1871 it must be questionable that William is his child. Whilst Florence's baptism is on the IGI as daughter of Joseph and Phoebe there's no baptism for William, although his birth is on Freebmd. It would need his birth certificate to see who his father is named as - he might not be a blood relation at all to your George

David
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock