Author Topic: Do you have a link with Braydon Oak - Savernake Forest, Wiltshire?  (Read 31914 times)

Offline granny pat

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Do you have a link with Braydon Oak - Savernake Forest, Wiltshire?
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 07 April 20 15:06 BST (UK) »
Hi
I was really interested to see your message about Braydon Oak in Savernake Forest. Andrew Fergusson, the one who died at Salonika, was my Grandmother's brother (so he was my great-uncle). I heard about him and about a couple of his children from my mother and her sister, Florence and Evelyn Mary Gregson. Mum also told me about her cousin Nan, who was still alive at that time (Mum died in 2009, Aunty Molly in 2004). They both told me about Daisy, the baby who died in her pram when a cartridge she was playing with exploded.
I think we must be cousins.
Regards
"GrannyPat"

Offline PhoebeSumner-Twisk

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 13 January 22 02:54 GMT (UK) »
I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for saving those photos from the rain when my granny left braydon oak all those years ago. Reading this over a decade later and seeing how much people cared about the old house and what happened to my family really warms the heart, as well as seeing how members of said family are mentioned or found this thread over the years. I don't remember much about my granny's house since I was only 8 when she left, but what I do have are very fond, except for when I fell over in the front garden and broke my arm when I was 3. My mum still goes for walks in the woods regularly and always points out stuff from her childhood, and the house is in a far better state now that it's run by a family that can actually afford it haha. I hope everyone involved in this thread is doing well, and thank you again for caring <3

(Attached is a photo my mum took of my family just outside braydon oak last year, sorry I don't have any house update pics as that would be trespassing hehe)

Offline xylem

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 31 January 23 16:41 GMT (UK) »
Hello Phoebe,
thank you for your kind and thoughtful message. The photographs and documents certainly 'travelled' to journey back to you all when My husband and I drove them back down from Scotland, to hand them over to your Grandmother and her two daughters (my Sister-in- Law and nieces!!).

I hope all your family are well and send my best wishes.
Belinda