Author Topic: Do you have a link with Braydon Oak - Savernake Forest, Wiltshire?  (Read 31808 times)

Offline suzanne2812

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Great, Great Granny Willoughby
    • View Profile
Re: Do you have a link with Braydon Oak - Savernake Forest, Wiltshire?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 22 June 08 10:31 BST (UK) »
Hi

This may be something & nothing but my gran came from Marlborough & I know that she would walk to Savernake with her friend & their toy prams & spend all day there.

Last night I tried to ring her, but sadly she's been taken ill & has gone to hospital. As soon as she's well I will try & find out something. Her elder sister would have known all there is to know about the area but she passed away several years ago taking so much knowledge with her.

I will try my best as soon as gran's well

Regards Suzanne

Offline kojak

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 22 June 08 22:42 BST (UK) »
Many Thanks Suzanne,

Hope your Grandmother gets better soon.

Best wishes..

Jane and Jak
Green, Gibson, Ross, Telfer, Pattie, Jardine, Hay, Kennedy, Dickson, in Dumfriesshire esp Applegarth, Lochmaben and Kirkcudbright

Thom, Raeburn, Grant and Allan (Mainly Banffshire - 16th-19th century but also old Aberdeenshire) as well as having an interest in Cruickshank (in Banffshire circa mid 19th century)
Cormack & McBain in Ross and Cromerty and Banffshire/Aberdeenshire pre 20th century

McClelland, MacNeill (Argyll, Scotland and Northern Ireland), MacCully, Carson, Northern Ireland

Offline suzanne2812

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Great, Great Granny Willoughby
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 28 June 08 16:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Jane & Jak

I'm sorry but I won't be able to speak to my gran now. She passed away yesterday in hospital.

Regards Suzanne

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 28 June 08 23:18 BST (UK) »
Suzanne

I'm so sorry to hear about your gran.  It must have been a shock for you, as you were obviously expecting her to get well.

Lizzie

Offline craizi daizi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 29 June 08 00:22 BST (UK) »
Dear Suzzanne

I am terribly sorry to hear about your gran, 

My thoughts are with you

Craizi

Flisher : UK and Sth Africa and Australia<br />Munro  : Scotland,  Inverness, Ross and Cromarty and Australia<br />Prust   : Bristol, UK, and Australia<br />Woodburgess/Wood/Burgess/Wood-Burgess,  Adcock/Brudenall in Lincolnshire UK and Australia<br />Taylor :Yorkshire,  Nottinghamshire and Australia<br />Mathers  : Montrose , Scotland and Australia<br />Johnson  :  ?? and Australia
Dixon Australia and Cumberland

Offline kojak

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 03 July 08 12:54 BST (UK) »
suzanne
so sorry to hear your sad news
many thanks for your input though
our thoughts are with you xx
Green, Gibson, Ross, Telfer, Pattie, Jardine, Hay, Kennedy, Dickson, in Dumfriesshire esp Applegarth, Lochmaben and Kirkcudbright

Thom, Raeburn, Grant and Allan (Mainly Banffshire - 16th-19th century but also old Aberdeenshire) as well as having an interest in Cruickshank (in Banffshire circa mid 19th century)
Cormack & McBain in Ross and Cromerty and Banffshire/Aberdeenshire pre 20th century

McClelland, MacNeill (Argyll, Scotland and Northern Ireland), MacCully, Carson, Northern Ireland

Offline canofcats

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 01 August 08 15:26 BST (UK) »
I had to register just for this comment! I was searching online for any reference to house, for I wanted to see how it looked. You see, I went to school (some 25 years ago) with the Twisk girl who lived the house. I since moved to Canada, but continued to keep in contact with her for several years following my move. I do know, through another website, that she still lives in Marlborough, and is, I believe a painter. I can't imagine she'll be too hard to track down. Her first name is Lucy.

Hope is helps. Sad to see the house in the condition that it's in, but I hope the photographs eventually end up in the right hands.

Thanks.

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 01 August 08 19:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Canofcats

Welcome to Rootschat!  :)

The power of the internet never ceases to amaze me - and quite a coincidence that you were looking at the same time as Kojak decided to post this topic!

I hope we can convert you and you will visit us again.

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline kojak

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 02 August 08 10:05 BST (UK) »
Amazing !!

Many many thanks for the tip.  We shall try and repatriate the photos and the info to the rightful family now.

Like Arranroots says, welcome to this family history site.

Thanks for your great help.

Kojak and redspookhunter