Author Topic: 1871 Census lookup please - DEBEREX  (Read 9575 times)

Offline lashmar

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: 1871 Census lookup please - DEBEREX
« Reply #9 on: Monday 16 June 08 18:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Tricia and Mike

Thank you very much for trying to find my elusive Deberex ancestors - they must be out there somewhere I guess.

Regards
Kay
Names and areas of interest: Banks, Hibbs & Williams - Lancs:  Burchnall - Cambs, Lincs & Leics: Cox - Lincs & Leics: Price & Cook - Worcs & Leics: Cheal, Lashmar and Hammond - Sussex.

Offline 'Tricia

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edith Gent Bowskill
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 16 June 08 19:21 BST (UK) »
Perhaps they didn't marry

Tricia
Census transcriptions are Crown Copyright from www.NationalArchives.gov.uk
Nottinghamshire,Bulwell: Bowskill, Everley, Gent, Haywood, Houghton, Wilkinson.
Nottinghamshire, Mansfield:- Baxter
Buckinghamshire: Charlesworth, Fowler
Derbyshire:Brimington:- Adams, Baxter
London: Bird, Charlesworth, Coleman, Desmoulins, Everard, Jarman, Quinton, Richards
Italy: Gioffredi

Offline DebbieG

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 25 June 08 12:48 BST (UK) »
Hi - I had a little look at this today

I found a marriage ref 1864 Jan-Mar qtr Leicester
for Thomas Debe_Ex Vol 7a page 300

and instead of 4 people on the page there are only 3 given,  however I can't get ancestry to let me access the corresponding page for the surname Sackree to see if there is a Sarah with the same ref - perhaps someone else could try or better still someone with a sub to FindMyPast

I have also found a birth reg
Thomas Debrax
Mar qtr 1845  Leicester

and a death
Thomas Deberex
Birth  abt 1842
Death  Dec 1890 Brighton

which might work - if Thomas had just left Sarah rather than died it would explain why she didn't remarry,  I have found her in 1881 & 1891 with different male heads of household and some more children - children all called Deberex

:)

Debbie G

Pay(n)ton, Payton, Pe(a)rton all Oxfordshire and Berkshire - particularly Abingdon

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DebbieG

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 25 June 08 13:06 BST (UK) »
And to fit in with the above theory,  I have just found the marriage Sept qtr 1891 Leicester
of Sarah Deberex and one of the partner options in John Thorne B Cooksey which is who 'our' Sarah is living with at the time of the census earlier that year

;D

DebbieG
Pay(n)ton, Payton, Pe(a)rton all Oxfordshire and Berkshire - particularly Abingdon

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 26 June 08 11:04 BST (UK) »
Ancestry won't let me took at any S surnames in 1st 1/4 1864 either....
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
NFK-Burton,Myhill,Fisher,Thompson
LNRK-Neilson,Dudson,Forrest,McNight,Paterson
WL-Williams

Offline DebbieG

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 26 June 08 11:08 BST (UK) »
Hi - thanks for checking that,  glad its not just me doing something daft - what we need I think is someone with a sub to find my past

:)

DebbieG

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 26 June 08 12:26 BST (UK) »
Ancestry is still being a pain....

GenesReunited has a guy called Darren with & Thomas Deberex and Sarah Sackree in his tree... I would contact him but I'm not a member anymore....

Also on Ancestry there is a private tree from the Lee family who have Ada Deberex, may be worth contacting them too....

Actually I think they must be the same person as I just clicked on send a msg on GR and the guy's surname is Lee.

Legs
xxxx
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
WL-Williams

Offline lashmar

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 26 June 08 12:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Folks

Thank you for your continuing help on the Deberex family - however I think we may have gone off track!  It was JAMES THOMAS B  that I was looking for not Thomas. 
I know the 1871 showed him as Thomas J but I have his birth
(index: 9/1869 Leicester 7a 238) and his marriage to Nellie B Harrold (index: 12/1915 Leicester 7a 738) both show him as JAMES THOMAS. 
1881 shows him as JAMES with his mother Sarah and siblings living in the house of Joseph Pilkington.  Not sure who Sarah was married to or who James father was.
This one has been confusing me.

Again many thanks
Regards
Kay
Names and areas of interest: Banks, Hibbs & Williams - Lancs:  Burchnall - Cambs, Lincs & Leics: Cox - Lincs & Leics: Price & Cook - Worcs & Leics: Cheal, Lashmar and Hammond - Sussex.

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 26 June 08 12:36 BST (UK) »
That's who we're trying to find Kay, your James Thomas' father.

His mother was Sarah Sackree and his father was ??? Deberex.  Possibly Thomas Deberex linking to the 1864 marriage found earleir.

Quick note ~ the FreeBMD thomas Debe_Ex marriage actually says Deberex on the original...
WL-Williams