Author Topic: Benjamin Thorpe & Jane Hill  (Read 18841 times)

Offline tmm1975

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Benjamin Thorpe & Jane Hill
« on: Wednesday 18 June 08 07:10 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Was wondering if any one out there if anyone is related to this family.  Benjamin Thorpe was born in Buildwas Shrophire in 1800 and Jane Hill his wife in 1804, they emmigrated to Aust in about 1829-32 and settled in Fremantle-Rockingham Area.  His Parents were Ebenezer Thorpe and Mary Phillips both born Little Wenlock, Shropshire.  I have a few more generations going back, but would love to hear from relatives or anyone else who knows something about them.

Thanks
Tanya
Beacham-Sussex & WA, Harrold-Norfolk & WA, Jennings-Wiltshire & WA & SA, Henningsen-Denmark, Tas & WA, Metcalf-Suffolk & WA

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Benjamin Thorpe & Jane Hill
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 June 08 22:06 BST (UK) »

Hi Tanya

I'm not related to your people, but was wondering whether you need any help with research etc. 

If you do, post full details and we can see what we can find.

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline tmm1975

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 20 June 08 13:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Lloydy

Thankyou for your offer, it is much appreciated, I have put down the info that I have, and basically need to fill in the gap.  I realise that it is incredibly difficult, and do not expect miracles. 

Descendants of Aaron Thorp

Generation No. 1

1.  AARON1 THORP married ELEANOR UNKNOWN.  Marriage Unknown

Children of AARON THORP and ELEANOR UNKNOWN are known their first child is born in 1686 in Barrow, Sal and the last is born in 1697 also at barrow:

Generation No. 2

2.  BENJAMIN THORP (AARON1) was born 21-11-1686 in Barrow, SAL, ENG, UK.  He married MARGARET CHILD on 26-10-1713 in Badger, SAL, ENG, UK. 

I only have two Children of BENJAMIN THORP and MARGARET CHILD born between 1714 & 1717 One born in Badger and in Barrow, SAL

3.  JOSEPH THORP (AARON1) was born 01-05-1691 in Barrow, SAL, ENG, UK.  He married ELIZABETH UNKNOWN.(DOB)

I have three children of JOSEPH THORP and ELIZABETH UNKNOWN born between 1723-1731 all born in Broseley, SAL

Generation No. 3

4.  JOHN THORP (BENJAMIN2, AARON1) was born Abt. 09-09-1714 in Badger, SAL, ENG, UK.  He married DOROTHY DUKESELL (DOB) 21 03-10-1737 in Madeley, SAL, ENG, UK. 

I have 9 Children of JOHN THORP and DOROTHY DUKESELL, 1738-1764 all born in Madeley, SAL except one born in Little Wenlock

5.  THOMAS THORP (BENJAMIN2, AARON1) was born 11-08-1717 in Barrow, SAL, ENG, UK.  He married GERTRUDE PARTON (DOB) 12-08-1739 in Meole Brace, SAL, ENG, UK. 

I Have 8 Children of THOMAS THORP and GERTRUDE PARTON, 1736-1760 all born in Madeley, SAL

Generation No. 4

6.  BENJAMIN THORP (JOHN3, BENJAMIN2, AARON1) was born 12-10-1740 in Madeley, SAL, ENG, UK.  He married SARAH UNKNOWNMarriage[/color](DOB)   

I have 8 Children of BENJAMIN THORP and SARAH UNKNOWN, 1763-1775 all born in Madeley, SAL

7.  JOHN THORP (JOHN3, BENJAMIN2, AARON1) was born 21-07-1756 in Madeley, SAL, ENG, UK.  He married JANE HULSON (DOB) on 06-06-1795 in Eyton upon the Weald Moors, SAL, ENG, UK. 

I have 6 Children of JOHN THORP and JANE HULSON born between 1793-1810 all born in Wellington,

8.  EBENEZER THORPE (JOHN3 THORP, BENJAMIN2, AARON1) was born Abt. 05-07-1764 in Little Wenlock, Shropshire, ENG, UK, and died  in ENG, UK.  He married MARY PHILLIPS, on 05-02-1789 in Little Wenlock, SAL, ENG, UK, daughter of JOHN PHILLIPS and MARTHA UNKNOWN.  She was born 03-01-1768 in Little Wenlock, Shropshire, ENG, UK.

I have 4 Children of EBENEZER THORPE and MARY PHILLIPS born between 1789-1800 two in Buildwas,

9.  JAMES THORP (THOMAS3, BENJAMIN2, AARON1) was born 08-08-1742 in Madeley, SAL, ENG, UK.  He married ELIZABETH PICKING (DOB) on 04-09-1764 in Alberbury, SAL, ENG, UK. 

I Have 6 Children of JAMES THORP and ELIZABETH PICKING born between 1765-1780 six in Madeley, two in Dawley Magna,

Generation No. 5

10.  ANN THORP (EBENEZER4 THORPE, JOHN3 THORP, BENJAMIN2, AARON1) was born 15-11-1789 in Buildwas, Shropshire, ENG, UK, and died 05-10-1832 in Fremantle, WA.  She married JOHN MORRELL in Abt. 1808 in ENG, UK (WHERE).  He was born 1786 in ENG, UK (WHERE), and died 18-10-1843 in Central Swan, WA.

I have 8 Children of ANN THORP and JOHN MORRELL born between 1809-1827 all in UK, 4 dying in the UK before arriving in OZ

11.  BENJAMIN THORPE (EBENEZER4, JOHN3 THORP, BENJAMIN2, AARON1) was born 02-03-1800 in Buildwas, Shropshire, ENG, UK, and died 20-02-1870 in Fremantle, WA.  He married JANE HILL on 27-12-1824 in Sheinton, Shropshire, ENG, UK, daughter of SAMUEL HILL and ELIZABETH UNKNOWN.  She was born 06-05-1804 in Sheinton, Shropshire, ENG, UK, and died 18-05-1867 in Pinjarra, WA.

All the other generations are in Australia after this point and I have this info already.  It is difficult to lacate info on this family from Aust and I would dearly love to fill in the gaps for a good friend that has put many, many years of research into this family.

Thanks again
Tanya
Beacham-Sussex & WA, Harrold-Norfolk & WA, Jennings-Wiltshire & WA & SA, Henningsen-Denmark, Tas & WA, Metcalf-Suffolk & WA

Offline bristolloggerheads

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 21 June 08 15:46 BST (UK) »
There is a will of Benjamin Thorp dated 1789 at Lichfield which describes him as a victualler of Birmingham. He does however leave property in Madeley to his wife which is why I thought there might be a link.

http://archives.shropshire.gov.uk/dserve.exe?dsqIni=Dserve.ini&dsqApp=Archive&dsqCmd=Show.tcl&dsqDb=Catalog&dsqPos=5&dsqSearch=(((text)='thorp')AND((text)='madeley'))
Syner alias Taylor from Broseley and Benthall

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 21 June 08 15:54 BST (UK) »
William son of Joseph Thorpe and Elizabeth bap 02/01/1720 Broseley

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 21 June 08 16:00 BST (UK) »

Offline tmm1975

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 26 June 08 06:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Bristol,

Thanks for that link, I didn't know any of it.  I haven't had much time to go through anything lately and have just had a chance to check it all out

Regards
Tanya

Offline jj48

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 04 February 09 09:36 GMT (UK) »
 :) Hi
I am a descendent of Benjamin Thorpe's son William- William is my ggfather. I have only recently started researching family history so don't know anything about the family, only some names and dates. My grandmother Charlotte, daughter of William died just after I was born in 1949
Jenny
bowen
loose
thorpe

Offline tmm1975

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 20 March 09 09:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi jenny,

Have you just found me on ancestry? 

Regards
Tanya