Author Topic: Benjamin Thorpe & Jane Hill  (Read 18818 times)

Offline tmm1975

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Benjamin Thorpe & Jane Hill
« Reply #18 on: Monday 07 December 09 12:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Linda,

Are you interested in catching up?  I have pictures of Fred, Ebenezer, Edward and Margaret Thorpe but i can't load them up as the files are too large.  Do you happen to know who Fred Quaife is?

Tanya
Beacham-Sussex & WA, Harrold-Norfolk & WA, Jennings-Wiltshire & WA & SA, Henningsen-Denmark, Tas & WA, Metcalf-Suffolk & WA

Offline LDT

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 08 December 09 10:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tanya

You obviously live in Perth too then. Yeah okay sometime in the new year might be good. I live near Fremantle way so maybe we could meet in Fremantle? What do you think?

I'm not sure of any Fred's and that name doesn't look familiar at all, sorry. However, I have just recently found another relative via my job. My bosses wife's dad is John Thorpe (Jack, as he calls himself) and is the same generation as my dad and his brother. So I figured out that they have the same g/granddad - John Thorpe b. 1832 son of Benjamin and Jane. This is how I found out that my dad's grandfather was William son of John and Johns (Jack) grandfather was Edward also son of John. So William and Edward are brothers therefore that makes my dad and Jack 2nd cousins?? I think, I get a bit confused with this stuff.

Anyway I have a book that Jack wrote mainly about his time in the war and being a POW, but also he talks a bit about his roots and where he came from. I will bring this along with a couple of other things I have.

Linda  :)

Offline brenny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 25 January 10 05:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tanya Linda,

I am related to this family , they are my 5x great grandparents,
I come down through John Thorpe and Mary Ann nee Barry

regards
brenny

Offline tmm1975

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 25 January 10 08:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brenny,

Nice to meet you!  I have some photo's of the Barry family.  Again they are from the Beacham family album.  Nell and Maggie Barry as children.  Catching up with Linda soonish maybe we can make it a big meet and great if you live in Perth too.

Regards
Tanya
Beacham-Sussex & WA, Harrold-Norfolk & WA, Jennings-Wiltshire & WA & SA, Henningsen-Denmark, Tas & WA, Metcalf-Suffolk & WA

Offline brenny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 25 January 10 16:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tanya,

Thanks I don't know much about this line I have a few bits of information and I live near fremantle too.  I would like to see some pic. Have been to the house with my Nana I' ll send you a private email.
regards
brenny

Offline LDT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 26 January 10 07:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brenny

I'm from John and Mary's line as well they are my gg grandparents. Their son William is my g granddad then he had a William (my granddad) and the my dad is William.

Do you know which of john and Mary's 10 children belong to your line?

My dad told me yesterday that there's going to be a reunion for the Thorpe family in April near the old cemetery in Rockingham/Kwinana, he read in the West Australian in the 'can you help' section. When I find out the correct details I will let you and Tanya know and anyones who's interested.

Cheers Linda :D

Offline brenny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 28 January 10 09:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Linda,
Thanks for the reply I come down through  Jane Elizabeth Thorpe and she married Thomas Hanretty.Yes I know about the Newspaper on the Thorpe's It is a cemetery dedication they are looking for some one to write a brief history and present it on the day also wanting descendants to attend I have been to a few, as I am linked to The Bell , Hymus , Chester, Withnall and others from the Rockingham area. also sorry about the late reply we have had the power of most of the day. It is undertaken by the Rockingham Museum . I can send you my private email and scan the information if you like.

cheers

Brenny

Offline LDT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 28 January 10 13:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brenny

So Jane is my g granddads sister, cool! anyway looks like you're up to speed with everything more so than myself. Yeah if you want send your email that's fine.

Linda ;)

Offline tmm1975

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 01 February 10 08:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brenny & Linda,

Just got of the phone to Wendy Durant, the curator at the Rockingham Museum.  We were talking about photo's etc and I told her that I would send through all that I have so that the museum can get copies for the day.  Was wondering if you were both interested in this as well....What I found really odd is that they don't have a photo of Pines Cottage when it was still standing....

Are you both planning on going?

Tanya