Author Topic: When to stop pestering people.  (Read 4009 times)

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: When to stop pestering people.
« Reply #27 on: Monday 23 June 08 11:03 BST (UK) »
I am so pleased you got a positive response.

I don't know about you but I feel as tho I've just had a birthday  ;D

Cheers,
Rena
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 23 June 08 14:27 BST (UK) »
Well done Windsor.  I look forward to hearing about your meeting.

Lizzie

Offline Windsor87

• RootsChat Senior
  • Rose of Ballivat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 25 July 08 18:48 BST (UK) »
I went out to see the lady today. I was with her for four hours and enjoyed every minute.

She told me a great deal about her grandmother, my great great grandmother, which really helped me understand what kind of woman she was. I had heard about her before in a very negative light, but I have almost completely changed my perception of her. I now feel awful for how I have described her in the past. The fact is she treated people as good as they treated her.

Unfortunately most of the old photos were destroyed by damp in her dad's shed, but she saved one big photo. It was a group photo with my great great granda and grandma, with my great granda, his bother and sister. It was taken in 1914 before the male family members went off to war. It would be the last family portrait as my great great granda was killed in 1917. So I have my photo of great great grandma now!

regards
Windsor87
Strachan of Strichen/New Pitsligo - Connon of Turriff - Watt of Pennan - Noble of Broadsea -  Garden of Peterhead - Bryson of Ecclefechan

Offline KathMc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 25 July 08 19:16 BST (UK) »
Windsor,

Wonderful news. I am so happy for you. I am so glad it all went well.

Kath
Sligo: Davey (also Mayo), McCluskey, McNulty
Wexford and Staffordshire: Hayes, McClean
Galway and Staffordshire: Scott
Coventry: Wells, Collins, Palmer, Moody, Beck, Mickelwright, Husbands
Ireland: McNulty (Sligo), Kealy, Murphy (Carlow) Connolly, Gillen, Powell, Ryan, Moore, Martin
Davis from I don't know where originally
Stahl, Russia to England to USA

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 25 July 08 21:38 BST (UK) »
Aw Windsor,
How wonderful.

Following this story to its happy ending has been as good as any weepy film I've seen. 

Tissue anyone?

Cheers,
Rena
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 25 July 08 23:37 BST (UK) »
Windsor - How lovely for you to get some answers at last. 

Lizzie

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 26 July 08 11:02 BST (UK) »
Delighted for you, Windsor!  It's wonderful that you got such a positive response from the lady - just shows that it's worth taking a risk sometimes!

MarieC
Census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martins in London and Wales, Lockwoods in Yorkshire, Hartleys in London, Lichfield and Brighton, Hubands and Smiths in Ireland, Bentleys in London and Yorkshire, Denhams in Somerset, Scoles in London, Meyers in London, Cooks in Northumberland