Author Topic: TRYON Family of Bibury  (Read 2167 times)

Offline mmmmikkimac

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
TRYON Family of Bibury
« on: Friday 20 June 08 00:42 BST (UK) »
Seeking information on William & Rebecca TRYON of Bibury, Gloucestershire & the records of their family's births, marriages, deaths & burials.

The family story is that they were in the area by 1560. There are also records in London connecting a number of Tryon families. I would like to make the connection between the two villages/towns and the families.

The were Flemish weavers and the Tryon family member who settled in America and his descendent's continued the family tradition and were draper's and tailors until the late 1900.

Thank you for any help or information.

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: TRYON Family of Bibury
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 June 08 13:27 BST (UK) »
Hi mmmmmetc

Welcome!

What information do you have on your TRYON family and what are you looking for?

It is best to work backwards from what you know to be true, so do you have their emigration to the States for example?  Do US censuses state that they were from Bibury, or have you obtained that information from UK censuses?

Let us know and we will try to help.

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline mmmmikkimac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 21 June 08 08:53 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your reply.

The Tryon's were in Bibury ca 1560 and several are buried in churches in Staple Grove, Pitminster, and Taunton, Somersetshire and so far I have not found the names of the churches.

There were 3 sons, two remained in Bibury, one, William Tryon went to settle in Wethersfield, Connecticut in the latter part of the 17th century.

I am hoping to make contact with someone in the area who may have came across this family and the records and be able to tell me where they are located.

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 21 June 08 09:03 BST (UK) »
Hello again

I presume you have looked at Genuki?

http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/GLS/Bibury/index.html

The parish registers appear to start in 1550, so you might have to look further afield prior to that.  The fiche for the registers will be in the Gloucester Archives.  If you want anything specific looked up, please post a separate request and hopefully someone will be able to assist.

Googling produces lots of hits for TRYON in Bibury, including complete family trees - it rather depends whether you want to accept someone else's research or not!

I hope this thread finds you some assistance.

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline mmmmikkimac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 21 June 08 09:13 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the information and your reply. I will try your suggestion before asking for further help.

Offline ftryon1969

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 21 October 18 18:17 BST (UK) »
Hello, My name is Frank Tryon Jr. I am from the line you are discussing. I have traced backards from myself to William when he landed in Connecticut. Died 1711 Wethersfield, Connecticut.  Married to Mary Steele. I am trying to find out where he came from In Bilbury. The family heritage. I can give you a copy of what I have if you want/ need it. My email is listed in my profile.

Offline Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 21 October 18 21:28 BST (UK) »
Men in Armour for Gloucestershire 1608

(list of 20,000 men fit to fight)

http://www.coaley.net

ARLINGTON (BIBURY)

Cipryan TRYAN - A40 - slatter ....lower stature

If you look at the 'help page' - as Cipryan was of a lower stature - he was 'fit to service with a caliver'

and is aged around 40

---

Ancestry lists a William TRYON buried 15 August 1670, Bibury

Offline Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 22 October 18 08:05 BST (UK) »
British History on Line

Bibury

'Among persons associated within the Parish who achieved national prominance were Thomas TRYON 1634-1703 Merchant, Writer and Vegetarian who was born at Bibury  etc etc'

---

Googling:

Richard Tryon of Bibury

'Some Memoirs of Thomas TYRON - Gratis Books by Richard TRYON'

(written by himself dated 1705)

son of William & Rebeccah TRYON - his father was a Tiler and Plaster

CIPRYAN TRYAN was a Slatter - the same trade

Merchant of London, born Gloucestershire

---

Marriage at Bibury 9 October 1620

Sippryan TRYAN to Jone BUTLER
----

Baptisms at Bibury

Willia TOYNE - baptised 16 December 1620 - father Willm
Barbara TRYAN - baptised 5 March 1625 - father: Willm

Pipprian TRYAN - burial 6 April 1640 Bibury

Marriage at Bibury: 28 October 1619

Willia TRYAN & Rebeccha (surname 'rubbed out')