Author Topic: MORAN  (Read 958 times)

Offline moran

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
MORAN
« on: Friday 21 January 05 22:51 GMT (UK) »
LOOKING FOR A ELLEN MORAN LAST ADDRESS LOWER LANE HASLINGDEN LANCASHIRE ON THE 1881 CENSUS LIVING WITH PATRICK & BRIDGET MORAN ELLEN WAS BORN LEEDS YORKSHIRE UNABLE TO FIND HER BIRTH THESE TWO WERE NOT HER PARENTS COULD ANYONE CHECK THE 1891 CENSUS FOR HASLINGDEN TOWN I CAN NOT FIND HER AFTER 1882

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: MORAN
« Reply #1 on: Friday 21 January 05 23:03 GMT (UK) »
Can't see her in 1891.  Could she have married by then?  She is with Bridget and Patrick in 1871 - listed as their daughter again.  Why do you think they are not her parents?

Best wishes

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline moran

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 21 January 05 23:10 GMT (UK) »
COULD YOU TELL ME WERE THEY WERE IN 1871 IHAVE BEEN TRYING TO LOCATE ELLEN BUT CAN,T FIND ANY ELLEN BORN TO PAT/BRIDGET FROM THE REGISER OFFICE IN LEEDS I HAVE TRIED FROM 1849 TO 1857

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 January 05 23:21 GMT (UK) »

Looks more like MOURN

Heys Court, Haslingden

Patrick MORAN head mar 68 infirm b.Ireland
Bridget wife 50 rag collector b.Ireland
Ann dau 22 house keeper b.Leeds
Ellen dau 18 cotton winder b.Leeds
John son 15 cotton creeler b.Leeds
Winne McINTYRE boarder unm 17 cotton rover b.Oatley? Yks

RG10/4141 folio 29 page 20

Just a thought ............... are you sure that Bridget and Patrick were married when Ellen was born?

Have you looked for a baptism for Ellen and the other children?

Best wishes

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline moran

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 23 January 05 14:15 GMT (UK) »
hi many thanks for 1871 census for pat/bridget moran they were married in ireland they came from co mayo with three children mary she married a micheal stones in 1861 leeds the other two children deid in the year 1847 in leeds with small poxs  then ann was born in 1848 leeds i have tried to get there baptisms a book was lost in leeds when the archives re located ellen is really hard to find she had my gggrandfather in 1879 in haslingden the father was unknown later in april 1882 she had a daughter also called ellen father unkown sadly she also died aged 2m 5days atfer that no trace of her in 1891 the family lived in blackburn without ellen they had ellens frist child with them     pat