Author Topic: Mary Ann Cotton 1839-1873 Durham  (Read 54291 times)

Offline cimbrio

• RootsChat Senior
  • http://thegenealogycorner.wordpress.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Cotton 1839-1873 Durham
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday 31 August 10 20:18 BST (UK) »
Hello Withnail,

I live abroad and haven't found the book for sale where I live. Can you give me the link to see the family tree please?

Thanks!
Herefordshire: ALLEN (Colwall), CARTWRIGHT (Kington & Almeley), DAVIS (Colwall), EVANS (Pembridge), GODSALL (Colwall), JONES (Whitbourne), MORRIS (Kington & Kinnersley), MOUND (Wormsley), TIPPINS (Staunton-on-Arrow), RODWAY (Colwall), VICKRESS (Wellington & Hope-under-Dinmore), WATKINS (Almeley)
Shropshire: MOUND (Hope Bagot)
Worcestershire: PARKER (Kempsey)

Offline Withnail

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday 31 August 10 20:23 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Sorry i looked online and I can't seem to find it :(  Children she bore are definitely listed online.  Someone who has the book will more than likely list them.  I have the book but it's in the glove box of my mam's car!

Offline snowqueen

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday 30 November 10 22:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I too have always been fascinated by Mary Ann Cotton.  My ancestors were neighbours of hers in the first street she lived in when she arrived in West Auckland, before she moved to the house in Front Street.  One of my relatives helped Arthur Appleton when he was researching his book on Mary Ann

Offline crackerh

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: Friday 10 June 11 00:01 BST (UK) »
Mary Ann Cotton's surviving daughter named Margaret Edith Quick Manning Cotton born in January 1873 was adopted by William & Sarah Edwards.  She took their surname and is listed in the 1881 census as Margaret Edith Edwards aged 8.